Cake, and Cake Questions (with Pictures)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Elaborate?
Plum pudding is an aromatic so they case the tobaccos first with flavors etc.. then in the end spray it with a "topping" that adds more flavor. These are all liquids so you see where the moisture can come from.

Navy flake has casing on the tobaccos for flavor, but then is pressed (and with MacBaren I believe heated, too) and then sliced. No additional toppings after it's pressed.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
It's like the first few centimeters of that bowl,straight stripes down the whole bowl
There's a name for it but I can't think of it. You know how the chuck on a drill holds the bit? It's like that but in reverse. Either way it's a machining mark.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
that's the drilling chatter... the other dot marks are chuck marks.
The straight lines could indeed be chatter. I'm not familiar enough with the pipe manufacturer's (or any other manufacturer) tooling to say which it is.

Malaclypse

Lurker
Feb 21, 2020
monroe louisiana
Plum pudding is an aromatic so they case the tobaccos first with flavors etc.. then in the end spray it with a "topping" that adds more flavor. These are all liquids so you see where the moisture can come from.

Navy flake has casing on the tobaccos for flavor, but then is pressed (and with MacBaren I believe heated, too) and then sliced. No additional toppings after it's pressed.
So they case it with molasses to preserve it in navy flake, but then in plum pudding they top it with something? i thought plum pudding was non-aromatic, and the flavor was mostly from the latakia?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Think along these lines but change their direction:

Main.jpg

Reactions: BROBS

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
If there is resistance, you're going to actively pull on the draw. What you want is almost no resistance so even by just normally breathing in and out through nose slight pressure change in the mouth will draw the smoke.

Malaclypse

Lurker
Feb 21, 2020
monroe louisiana
If there is resistance, you're going to actively pull on the draw. What you want is almost no resistance so even by just normally breathing in and out through nose slight pressure change in the mouth will draw the smoke.
So you're saying by breathing in through the nose I should pull smoke into my mouth? Sorry im new to not inhaling I smoked cigarettes for like 5 years before, and just started not-inhaling on my pipes within the last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.