Caitlin Clark left off Women's Olympic Basketball Team.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
How does the WNBA figure into Olympic selection? Do they really have a hand in forming the team?
Nothing;No. But, the article did say she is the current highest scoring women's payer in the US, has most rebounds but for one other person, has the largest draw of fans etc ... and they do pick from professional players. I can see the decision though ... she's new and will have a shot in the future; the others may have been waiting for years. The Olympics is as political as any other system. A friend's sister, in a different sport, many, many years ago won highest score in three events and lost out the Gold to someone else who was more popular favorite, who had lowest scores, from larger country. (The decision had been made in advance apparently and protests didn't matter.). I personally don't watch it so I really should not comment one way or another.

Pipeh

Might Stick Around
Feb 28, 2023
Southern California
Isn't it ?
No, it's currently in the General Pipe Smoking Discussion section, not the General Discussion section.

I tried skimming through the thread, but didn't see any reference to the players doing alley-oops with a cob full of navy flake clenched in their mouth. It would have been nice to see a discussion on whether gravity filled cube cut is prone to spilling out of the pipe on a rebound, or the availability of flexible stems to prevent dental injury in case of collision, but there wasn't.

Reactions: Hillcrest
Status
Not open for further replies.