Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I was just wondering if they were going to drop some this year.

As some have said, I doubt that I’d be able to discern the difference in the honey note. Plus it competes with the Tequila and Elderflower.

99.5% chance I’ll pass on it… I’ve got stuff I bought several years ago and never gotten around to smoking yet.

Ah yes, the yearly Sun Bear drop...hope this continues to be the trend. I don't smoke this blend that often but I always enjoy it when I do. At the end of a tin from 2019 at the moment and have several in the cellar, think those tins will be getting some company...

I don't know how it could.. Unless the FDA allows exceptions for limited runs...

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
I'm curious whether the tequila and elderberry is even in this year's batch, as it wasn't mentioned in C&Ds ad.

Either way I'll add to my Sunbear stack. All Va/Ors are an automatic buy for me.

Eight State Burley has been so good I can't stop smoking it, so if anything I feel like the C&D limited blends are getting better and better and better.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
I don't know how it could.. Unless the FDA allows exceptions for limited runs...

A good point. I dropped the company a line to ask about this regarding a few other blends last year and got this snip of info from Jeremy Reeves himself:

"...but there are pathways by which manufacturers can keep these kinds of products on the market. We are in full compliance and are pursuing these pathways with this and all the blends that we make that came out after that time."

This was regarding Opening Night, but, seems there's at least a chance for Sun Bear...time will tell!

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I still have an unopened tin of the original run. Does anyone have any opinions on how it ages?
I didn’t smoke any fresh, so I don’t have a “baseline” to compare it to, but I’m going through a tin that’s from last year’s run, and it’s great after one year.
I don’t want to put words in someone’s mouth, but I seem to remember @hoosierpipeguy saying to put at least two years on it, but can’t remember now for sure. Maybe he can chime in, I know he’s a big VaOr fan, and smokes Sun Bear.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I still have an unopened tin of the original run. Does anyone have any opinions on how it ages?
Haven’t smoked any Sun Bear yet but if it’s anything like the 5 year old Bijou I’m smoking it will probably be amazing with some age. I can’t get enough of this stuff. It gets better and better as I go through the jar.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Haven’t smoked any Sun Bear yet but if it’s anything like the 5 year old Bijou I’m smoking it will probably be amazing with some age. I can’t get enough of this stuff. It gets better and better as I go through the jar.
I think VaOrs in general age really well, and Bijou is a great one. Hell, it’s good fresh, too.