PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
For anyone who missed out I was just looking on tobaccopipes.com and noticed they had C&D Carolina Red Flake in stock. They also had some Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake as well.

Chris.

EDIT: Seems I got the wrong sub-forum, apologies it won't happen again.

Reactions: ormazd
Jun 9, 2018
England
Safe from me on both counts. Have fun!

Yes I've got 4 tins of the Red Flake which will hopefully clear customs this week, for some reason I thought it had all gone but apparently not, can't be around for much longer you would have thought what with it only being a 10,000 run and high demand.
Iirc I don't think there was a limit to how many you could buy but I could be wrong about that.
If I lived in America I'd probably get some more but importing to the UK what with taxes & duties and p&p it'll probably work out to about £20-£22 a tin, still that's only about £5 or so more than a 50g tin over here and I'm sure when I crack one open in a couple of years I'll have forgotten all about what it cost me and just be glad I've got some variety and choice in my cellar.

Chris.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
tobaccopipes.com was selling them for $2 ($11.99) a tin more than Smokingpipes and CupoJoes ($9.99). Might be one of the reasons the other two stores ran out quickly.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Is this year's run significantly different than last year's? A new 'spin' on the idea perhaps? Or identical for all intents and purposes?

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Is this year's run significantly different than last year's? A new 'spin' on the idea perhaps? Or identical for all intents and purposes?
I have not tried 18 or 19...Cellar for 5yrs...What I have noticed it's still available at a few sites. Sold out quicker last year.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
It is the same leaf every time it has been released, this is the final year for this particular crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.