PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
A friend on another forum. A very well known custom knife maker was rear ended by a young lady texting her boy friend. It ended up costing her her license and a bunch of fines.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
A friend of mine was texting while driving. We ended up spinning off the highway at 55 miles per hour. Fortunately none of were hurt...and interestingly enough, once the cop was satisfied that no one was hurt etc he just left. Didn't even ask to see her license or anything, lol.

I used to hate texting. I would see people doing it, and think; "I'm better than these people! If I want to communicate, I'll just effing call them up." And then, social pressure made me cave. But social pressure will never make me loosen up on grammar! I am a happy grammar nazi galdurnit!

I also must add that I know people who use texting abbreviations in real life, or, as they say, "IRL." I always want to hit them. The barely-English speaking bastards.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
fredvegas said: "and I miss out on A LOT of the scenery as it goes by."
We're all in a hurry to be in a hurry to get to being in a hurry...you should watch the scenery instead of texting brother. I'd rather die with memories of the scenes of the life around me than memories of a screen full of text.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
I'm sorry, I thought the parody was obvious enough. I don't text and drive. I do vehicle damage appraisals for car insurance companies, and I see enough text-related wrecks to know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.