Buying Pipes on Auction for Immediate Resale?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Sounds like a dream job!
The most I ever got around to working at one time was a collection of about sixty pipes...

I really like doing assembly line work on up to about seven or eight pipes. Doing all sixty turned it from a hobby into work. Add to the fact that I was on a deadline trying to complete the cleanup and refurb before a gathering of pipe people made it more job, than anything. It cut the guts out of the therapeutic aspects of cleaning up a pipe.

Would it be different if refurb and resale was my full time gig? Probably. But I'm way better at what I do for a living than I am at managing the mass cleanup of pipes, and I couldn't take the pay-cut.

Time to rebuild the shop for NZs 230/240v service. I need to start buying tools again.

-- Pat

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I’m interested to hear whether people who on sell estates generate more profit from sporadically nabbing gems for a few bucks or through consistently buying more modest but solid pipes in lots and then given a quick clean and then on selling individually? I’ve had success with both.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I’m interested to hear whether people who on sell estates generate more profit from sporadically nabbing gems for a few bucks or through consistently buying more modest but solid pipes in lots and then given a quick clean and then on selling individually? I’ve had success with both.
Definitely the latter for me. I've had a few lucky buys, but no "Cobra in a Barn" story for me.

Reactions: Ahi Ka
Status
Not open for further replies.