PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Please do leave feedback. You can leave feedback right away, but they try very hard to hide this. Be professional though. Something like, "Buyer canceled auction after I won & paid. Not sold in good faith." I'm a bit tired of sellers canceling BIN's and auctions on a whim. I hate to leave neg feedback but.

Got to: Account tab > feedback

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Shameful! I guess the seller thought he waited long enough that he could relist this item. Hoping for a better auction outcome this time around I’m sure.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Back when I first heard about Ebay, like 25 years ago, before I had any kids, I won an auction for a rather new BMW motorcycle in Tennessee. I was collecting VW bugs and parts, but this was too good to be true. The listings back then would have a big “NO RESERVE” posted next to some items. I just logged in and saw that in one of my first logins. I emailed the guy to make sure it ran, so that I could ride it home. I didn’t even want a motorcycle, but I just entered $200 and won. It was one of those too good to be true wins. I was thinking that I could just flip it and make a buck.
I contacted the guy immediately and said that I had a ride to get it and was on my way…. And instantly he cancelled the sale. I got no further replies from the guy. So, this isn’t a new phenomenon, but still annoying.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I’ll make an occasional pipe purchase on eBay. I’ve been fortunate so far. However, this definitely sounds a touch shady to me. I’d just not entertain buying from this fella anymore and leave it at that. Years ago I backed out on 2 purchases from CoopersArk. It was when I just discovered eBay and bid on everything. I kind of was acting like a chooch. He shut me out permanently from buying. He was right to do so. I hope he is alright cause I know he is dealing with medical concerns. ??☕

Reactions: jravenwood

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
There is a seller who's photos are so dark as to make a good evaluation of the offered pipe. If intentional, shame on them.
Yeah I think I know that seller; the one with the dark/black-ish background? If it is intentional I think it’s only hurting him as I’ve passed on every pipe he’s listed. I can hardly make out what shape the pipe is!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Shameful! I guess the seller thought he waited long enough that he could relist this item. Hoping for a better auction outcome this time around I’m sure.

There is a 'Report item' button on the listing which I used. Hopefully something comes of this.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Yeah I think I know that seller; the one with the dark/black-ish background? If it is intentional I think it’s only hurting him as I’ve passed on every pipe he’s listed. I can hardly make out what shape the pipe is!
Yeah Faridunhill or something, hes occasionally had a pipe I wanted and I asked for some outdoor photos and he got upset and said “what’s wrong with my photos?!?” And I told they are literally terrible , way too dark to get a good read on them. He refuses to change . Pictures are everything on eBay.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Plain bad photos are one thing, but nice looking photos of damaged pipes are more likely to be made by a skilled photog. You don't need Photoshop to conceal all kinds of things.