PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
A BC was my first Meer lined pipe and I got a nice little bent apple. I really like the pipe, nice and light but do have trouble with the stem staying tight about once a year I have to make some adjustments. Great pipe though smokes nice.

rymw

Lurker
Dec 22, 2013
Redbeard, Beautiful pipe you have...Loads of character! Is she a setter?
Piperl12, I too have problems with my Ropp's and BBB's stems cos they are just too old so now and then I apply some nail polish to the inside of the shanks, LOL.

rymw

Lurker
Dec 22, 2013
I didn't know BC made Rattray pipes. Be great if we can get to see some pix of your collection :)

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
As I said in my above post, I thought my BC D'Accord was a pretty nice pipe.

I found that removing the lacquer coating improved the smoke immensely.

Here's the new look -- and I might add that it colors quickly and beautifully once the lacquer is gone, though that does expose the fills.

ButzNewLeft.jpg

ButzNewFront.jpg
ButzNewBott.jpg

ButzNewRight.jpg

rymw

Lurker
Dec 22, 2013
The grain on that beauty almost resemble burl walnut! And what fills?..I can't see any, LOL.

Congrats on having such a beautiful BC.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
They have a really unique BC at my BM shop right now. Its a Cobra that really looks like a horn/Cobra. Its a bit pricey but beautiful pipe. Bought in 1985 and never smoked.

rymw

Lurker
Dec 22, 2013
My first Butz Choquin, an estate of course. She was pretty clean although I left some of the charring around the inside rim bevel since I'm going to be smoking her quite regularly I reckon. She's a Camargue 1597 with an acrylic shank insert...nicely made even if there are a number of small fills on her. I like pipes that can sit on the table without relying on a pipe rest (and they don't all have to be pokers), especially when I'm smoking and working at the same time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since my last post, I have bought a BC straight billiard blast Rocaille 1601, and after removing the

stinger (which is easily removable) I find it another excellent pipe. It has classic English lines, but

the snappy execution typical of French pipes at an amazing price. This was was on a half-price sale

at Iwan Ries -- MSRP $115, usually sold at $92, discounted to $57. It's a brown blast, not black,

and has a silver-colored fairly wide band and a faux Cumberland stem.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Got this one in a recent pipe lot, its a 1642 Capitan 70. Only smoked it once after cleaning it, only because it intruiged me. Not too bad.

algenib

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Orlando, FL
My first pipe was a BC, and it smokes much, much hotter than any other of my pipes, and always gives me a gurgle too. There's quite a bit of sentimental value in that pipe, but I don't smoke it at all anymore, and I don't think I'd buy another BC.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
When I went to France late last November, the pipe shop had close to 1,000 BC pipes. They were having some kind of show. I wanted to get a pipe there, for a souvenir, but I had the impression from holding the pipes and checking them out that they were cheap and overpriced. About the same quality as a $20 basket pipe in the US, so I passed and only bought some tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.