PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
I can't believe people who eat brussel sprouts...what heathens. Or those who drink any scotch that is aged less than 18 years... peasants!! Or those that wear Brian Johnson hats becasue they think it makes them look sophisticated.... posers! Mind Your Own F'n Business..

I judge people by the way they judge other people. Ha ha. I wonder if you meant to come across as such a jerk faced twerp. Or, if it came across wrong in your stringing of a phrase.
Anyways, I do my best to find something awesome in everyone that I come into contact with. I find the things that make us different exciting and interesting, and bond on the things that we share. I may be a snob of sorts about my own pipe hobby, but I could care less how others see their pipes. I love that there are differences, variety, and things that keep the human race spicy. Otherwise, if everyone were like me, I'd become bored and complacent.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
So does that make me a terrible person, for treating my pipe so neglectfully?

Careful Yaddy, by his original statement you are now just as likely to leave your wife or children out for the wolves. We should invite him to a smoke night..... not sure he'd make it out alive but I'd sure be entertained.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Lets see, single dad here, caring for my infirm wife in a long term care facility. I am a Vice-President of a respected marketing firm in Toronto, have a university degree and love smoking my pipes. However as you can tell my plate is rather full. With losing a large chunk of my household income I often wear clothes purchased at Walmart so that I may afford the things my children need. I also have very limited time to smoke so often times I'll have to call a bowl quits before its actually done. Frequently I don't have time to properly clean the bowl out so I just wait until I use that pipe the next time and clean it out well then.
I guess by the OP's standards I'm not worthy of associating with. :roll:

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I didn't click on this thread at first because I thought it was about

some bad chinese food that caused explosive, burning diarrhea. :wink:
Best post in this thread. Great minds think alike, buddy. Or is it twisted minds? Lol. 8)

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Righto I've just finished giving my pipe an acid and salt bath, and am currently awaiting the arrival of a Hansom cab to take me to the east end so I can murder a couple of street walking trollops.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I regard these practices as barbaric and proper of brutes and ignoramuses. He who treats his pipes in this manner should not be allowed to live in society. Of course I am only joking, but I'd rather steer well clear of such individuals as it is quite apparent to me they have nothing worthy to share
Guilty, on a least several points, from time to time.

It's the guy that walks the thin line, the straight and narrow, that you have to keep your eye on.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
It's the guy that walks the thin line, the straight and narrow, that you have to keep your eye on.
Those Goddamn squares, i tell ya! Commie bastards, every last one of 'em! :D

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Lol, dammit you got me pegged! Looks like i'll be packing up my life and moving back to the motherland of Russia, before i get bagged and brought before the panel to be "judged"! Although with the current state of affairs, i'm not sure if they would condemn me or give me a group hug with a big "welcome, comrade"! :rofl:
NOTE MODS: Joking here, nobody follow this with a political rant for against communism or current state of US government. :wink:

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
This is more or less my first post in this forum and I see now that I haven't been very successful. I apologize to you all if you think I have been condescending or if I offended anyone in this thread. I just hope I won't become the most hatred and unpopular person in this site because of this post, but what else can I say?

Eh jorgesoler, welcome to the forum. I've been picked apart for a poor word choice or a cruel twist of phrase on many occasion, on threads that I never dreamed would be controversial. It's just the way the donkey flies sometimes. I only judge latakia smoking whippets and starcats. So, you're good, and obviously making yourself at home, ha ha. Welcome!!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I just hope I won't become the most hatred and unpopular person in this site because of this post, but what else can I say?

I think, at least for myself, you've said all you needed to. This forum doesn't convey feeling like "Hate" and judges people by their actions, not by how they choice to treat their pipes. I have everyday, beater truck pipes that are dented, perhaps a little grubby as I work in mechanical industrial construction. I also have beautiful custom pipes that never leave my house and are lovingly taken care of. To judge me as a bad husband and uncaring father because you don't think I take care of my work pipes to your standards is about the most offensive thing I have ever heard or seen written on this forum. To say that you remark annoyed me would be an understatement but I am at least mellowing in my old age cause saying such a thing to my face a decade ago would have been answered with fewer words and more bruising.

Never the less I welcome you to the forum and I hope your time here will help to change your incredible small minded and offensive opinion of your fellow pipe smokers. Judge not lest you be judged.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Last summer, I left my Kaywoodie Chessman outside on a table, half full of a latakia blend.
Half an hour later, I returned to find my whippet had been gnawing on it.
So does that make me a terrible person, for treating my pipe so neglectfully?
Or am I just an awesome pet owner for letting my dog help himself to a special treat?
No, but perhaps your whippet needs to spend a night in the dog house.
Your lack of respect is disgusting.
Comparing the treatment of pipes to the treatment of spouses and children?!? That is the most obnoxious, condescending thing I have ever heard!
I'm relieved to see a complete lack of hyperbolic judgemental responses to the OP's hyperbolic judgemental ststement. Personally, I believe that people who don't treat their pipes with the utmost respect should be put through a woodchipper, their entire family trees round up and expunged from the gene pool, their DNA chemically unraveled into its subatomic components. Then I would consider really serious measures.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I apologize to you all if you think I have been condescending or if I offended anyone in this thread. I just hope I won't become the most hatred and unpopular person in this site because of this post, but what else can I say?
No big deal. You've just pissed off all the wife beaters here. Please excuse me, I have to go club my goldfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.