PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

makhorkasmoker

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
I usually smoke C&D dark burley--which is anything but sweet. When I want something sweeter, I add a little of their red virginia (a little goes a long way for me) and it's like adding sugar to coffee. More often, I will blend dark burley with izmir turkish or ramback, 80-20 or so. This adds a touch of honey/butterscotch sweetness which really comes forward in a pipe with a very narrow bowl. A touch of perique with any of these mixes will add spice and push the nic hit back up a little.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
A couple Peretti's to consider
333 is very good, but light nic

and Peretti Blend DD "good for after dinner"
The DD looks like its right up my alley. Plus, Jim seems to like that one much more than Crooner and I have found his reviews to match my tastes most times. Additionally, I do like Peretti Thanksgiving Day which apparently is similar, but with an added topping. Seem like high chances I would like DD.

Reactions: Scottmi

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I usually smoke C&D dark burley--which is anything but sweet. When I want something sweeter, I add a little of their red virginia (a little goes a long way for me) and it's like adding sugar to coffee. More often, I will blend dark burley with izmir turkish or ramback, 80-20 or so. This adds a touch of honey/butterscotch sweetness which really comes forward in a pipe with a very narrow bowl. A touch of perique with any of these mixes will add spice and push the nic hit back up a little.
C&D's Dark Burley is so amazing and I've never smoked it on its own. Might have to snag a few ounces next time I place an order.

Reactions: makhorkasmoker

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Pegasus with a very small amount of BCA sprinkled in. The BCA sweetens it up, rounds off the slight bitterness and I find the end result absolutely delicious. Let it sit in a jar together for a few weeks.
YES! I like 3 parts Pegasus to 1 part BCA (or Sutliff Aged Maduro Cavendish) for an incredibly smooth and lightly sweet burley experience. Wife even poked her head out last week and told me how much she liked the smell, and she can't stand the smell of any cigar.

Other nicely sweet burleys are Sutliff J4 and PS23 B&B, which is burley and black cavendish.

I don't have a real sweet tooth but I love my pipe tobacco to have some cavendish to bring the flavors together.

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
C&D's Dark Burley is so amazing and I've never smoked it on its own. Might have to snag a few ounces next time I place an order.
I have a big jar of this and I enjoy mixing it with aromatics, usually 50/50. You get the aromatic sweetness but also something deeper, not just a steamy smoke.