Burley/ Lat Forward Or American English Blend Experience?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I like burley and lat combo blends as of late. I have Big n Burley, Morely's best, H&H Beverwyc, and I just worked through and ounce of Project Xylophone from Smokers haven only to find it is no longer listed on their website so I assume it's not available. What other similar burley/lat forward or American English blends am I missing.
Andrew

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
H&H Beverwyck would definitely have made the list if you didn't already have it.

A few more that come to mind:
C&D - Billy Budd

C&D - Epiphany

Middleton - Walnut

4 Noggins - Bald Headed Teacher

4 Noggins - El Rincon de la pipa #1 (more Burley flavor when dry, more Oriental when moist)

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
+1 Epiphany - a great smoke, nice balance of latakia and burley. As papipeguy mentioned, C&D blends this very well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
+1 Billy Budd and other C&D blends. Though it isn't a Lat blend, I think you would

probably like GL Pease Triple Play, a plug.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Epiphany is a great blend! Great thread, I was looking for some suggestions in this area myself.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another non-Lat blend, with Va, burley, and Perique, you might like is C&D's Old Joe Krantz.

Many burley fans really like this one, as I do. Lat's good but not all interesting non-aro burley

blends need it.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Under C&D bulk blends meeting these criteria I would mention Odessa. I keep some here, a half pound or so, and do enjoy it. (Not Red Odessa, however. That one has Red Virginia instead of burley, and is much sweeter.)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Snag, I've smoked Spilman Mixture and Distinguished Gentleman. Spliman reminds me of real old time American lat blends. I happen to like it a lot. Distinguished Gentleman is more of a crossover almost similar to Lane's HGL- a tad on the sweet side.

On the whole, two nice blends that can be smoked all day.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
Spilman,Crowley, Odessa,baldheaded teacher, golden ash. To try. I got the official word project xylophone is no more as well. I had an ounce of billy bud at one time time to o searching. I appreciate all input or links to other threads about this as well.
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.