PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
I'm a burley devotee. I'll confine myself to a few suggestions. I like C&D in general for its use of burley both as a base tobacco and as a condiment, including blends like Old Joe Krantz original, Billy Budd with cigar leaf, Big'n'Burley, Dark Burley, Stratfordshire, Tuggle Hall, Night Bayou, and Mountain Camp.

In the Peterson line, I like Irish Flake and 3-P. Amphora Burley is a good pouch blend. I also like SWR and SWR Aromatic with Virginia as a condiment along with three liqueur flavorings.

Lately I've been enjoying GLP's Barbary Coast based in cube burley, with Virginia and Perique as condiments and flavored with brandy.

I bought two tins of C&D's Eight State Burley, but I plan to give it a little time to gestate. I smoked a tin of C&D's Riverboat Gambler and enjoyed it, but haven't ordered more; it has a good dose of burley, but some edges, and it may be a sort of acquired taste.
We have a VERY similar taste in tobacco.......

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

jlopez

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2022
Southwest TX
I’m really enjoying Pegasus and Briar Fox (Old Joe is really good to finish the day). I will definitely be purchasing more for my fledgling collection. I bought some more Haunted Bookshop that I jarred to go along with the others I’ve put up. This starting to become an obsession….

It only goes up from here!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon