Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsmedic

Lurker
May 2, 2011
Central California
Total Newbie, to pipes. Long time cigar guy. Here is my first pipe. I have not smoked it yet. Gave it a good cleaning and salt slurry treatment to take some of the sours away.

cfb3e9c8.jpg

dc89b6bf.jpg

4283e743.jpg

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Man are you in for a treat... From one cigar guy to another remember to take it slow when it comes to puffing and you'll save yourself a lot of tongue discomfort. Cigars allow you to puff away with huge clouds of smoke in a short amount of time. Not all tobacco blends will allow you to do that with out you getting bitten.
I’m telling you this because IMO the tobacco flavor you can experience from a pipe is second to none.
Enjoy! :puffy:

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
The pipe looks really cool. Tough. It's also great to know there's another tattoo enthusiast here. I haven't been to a convention since the NTC in Philadelphia in '99.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
Very nice looking pipe!
And just FYI, you might not want to put photos of your insurance information online. I have a buddy who could do terrible things with that picture. Just sayin' be careful bro. :wink:

kingsmedic

Lurker
May 2, 2011
Central California
So a follow up.

The Pipe dried out nicely after the salt slurry and smells better. I cleaned up the top and most of the black on the top/rim came off nicely. The stem still needs some TLC to look good.

The pics dont do justice to how rounded the bowl is, but it really does have a nice round feel.

It stands on a flat surface.

Its Heavy. Would not trust my teeth to hang it.

For a 6'3, 260lb guy it has a nice proportion to my near sasquatch sized head.

There was a bore alignment issue between the shank and stem (maybe non original stem?) that I corrected as best I could on the stem side. A pipe cleaner will now pass that intersection.

Still need to work on the mortise/tenon as it seems the tenon does not engage the mortise along its length, but sort of wedge fits at the deep(towards the chamber) end. Maybe many years of forcing it in at off angles have flared the mortise some.
Smoking (newbie)

Big freakin bowl with a tall/wide chamber. I could probably work on the same bowl for hours.

The overall length and large chamber seems to make it a cool smoke.

Definitely an at home pipe for when I have a good amount of free time.
Better pics when I get a chance, and have the stem polished up

Status
Not open for further replies.