PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Go cheap and try Low Country Natural Virginia and Oriental. It's under twenty bucks a pound.

Ernie at Watch City will have new blend out in November called Simply Virginia/Oriental. I was the taste tester for it, and it's really good.

Here's what Ernie said: We've made enough Simply Red to act as a base for the VA/OR I've been talking about. November release, I believe. Then there's the one I call "English Ernie-ental" which is already aging. It's an English blend with Macedonian Prilep. I want that one to really harmonize, so we're looking at January.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
I buy a pound of low country Virginia and oriental and add a small amount of Picayune and mix it.

Excellent and highly recommended.

Otherwise both oriental silk and Orion's Belt by Cornell and Diehl.

Also Ramback Balkan by D&R.

As a huge Va/Or and Va/Per/Or fan, unfortunately there isn't alot of bulk options. If you're willing to talk tins then I'll lay a list on ya. I'm heavily cellared in them.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just a note:
Yenidge Highlander is a Latakia blend.
Good stuff, but be informed.
Actually an Oriental with condiment latakia, barely any in it. I rarely notice it when I'm smoking it, more the Virginias and Yenidje with little to no latakia to ruin it. If you really want to split hairs though, latakia itself is an Oriental.

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Go cheap and try Low Country Natural Virginia and Oriental. It's under twenty bucks a pound.

Ernie at Watch City will have new blend out in November called Simply Virginia/Oriental. I was the taste tester for it, and it's really good.

Here's what Ernie said: We've made enough Simply Red to act as a base for the VA/OR I've been talking about. November release, I believe. Then there's the one I call "English Ernie-ental" which is already aging. It's an English blend with Macedonian Prilep. I want that one to really harmonize, so we're looking at January.
Thanks! Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.