PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I wonder, has anyone ever played a Pipe/Tobacco word game on the forum?

So when you think of a Tobacco Pipe, what are the first words that come to mind.

For me, the thing is, I’m a Traditionalist, it’s roots and the culture, history, etc...

These are some of the words that come to mind;

Dunhill, Castello, Savinelli, Peterson, Murray Sons & Co., Preben Holm, Eltang, Ivarrson, Nording, Radice, and the list goes on, of all the greats.

While I love advancement, technology, etc., I will always be a traditional pipe smoker!

I want to be connected to the past and simpler times, and that means to me Briar pipes! :)

While that might be a great smoking pipe, nahhh, and because of the other Pipe Weed industry out there, and all the wild gadgets they have, this looks exactly like that market, not exactly what I want to look like, and it’s not really unique at all.

Pipes of all sorts of materials have been around for decades, you can go out and buy and smoke tobacco in, not sure who they think they are fooling.

Last edited:

Es0teric

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2021
Downriver Area of Michigan
Received the Bud of Steel pipe yesterday and smoked my first bowl of something I am very familiar with in it, Orlik Golden Sliced. Flavor was top notch, comparable to my favorite meerschaums. It smokes amazingly well and extremely cool. Feels good in the hand and while clenching. While I am not crazy about the look of the pipe, I will most likely be using it semi-daily. Cleaning is very easy just run it under water and wipe. You probably wouldn't have to clean it after every smoke as long as the tobacco was significantly dry as to not produce a lot of moisture. As for longevity of the pipe, only time will tell......the stainless might corrode or the stem fitting might strip or come loose....all I know is it will most definitely last several years and it feels solid. Having a 2nd smoke in it now, F&T - Golden Mixture and its going very well.

Reactions: yanoJL and Toast

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
It came to my mind. A copper pipe. There would be no need to dry the tobacco. Perhaps you could fry your tongue in a matter of milliseconds, with just a single pulmonary sigh. Jokes aside. The air would be much hotter and perhaps more uncomfortable?

richireland

Lurker
Dec 15, 2022
Fernandina Beach Florida
I purchased one a few months ago. It’s a very practical pipe. I’m one of those engineering geeks. Smokes very well. Sometimes I tend to smoke a little too quickly at first (hey! I smoke a pipe to calm me down and it takes a few puffs!) - I was smoking mine this morning before having to dash to the airport where I sit writing this. I didn’t have to wait to clean it. I don’t have to worry about ghosting it with the occasional wifey compromise aromatic. I enjoyed my AM smoke so much, I ordered one of the last ones online at a large discount. To each his own.

Reactions: yanoJL