PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I have worn Levi's (501) jeans and Vans shoes consistently since I was twelve and smoked Winston or Winston lights since I was 14. I’ve used Gillette deodorant and razors since I was 14. I have been an iPhone devotee for about 16 years although I don’t care for most other Apple products.
If/when these brand named products become no longer available I will be hard pressed to find substitutes that I’m remotely ok with. Otherwise I am an equal opportunity consumer.

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
As a 40+ year auto tech, only SnapOn tools
Benchmade knives
Hunts ketchup
3M adhesives
Honda lawnmowers
I rotate Asiics and Brooks shoes. 10 + hours, 5 days a week on concrete.
Music with at least a slice of funky bass, preferably by Les Claypool.
Danish Stanwells, though I have cheated a time or 3

Everything else is negotiable
Seconded on Benchmade. Great knives and a stellar warranty.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Oh! Android. No Apple crap. Both kids switch over to Android after finally understanding freedom to keep your phone way you can configure without having to live with "you don't have to know. It's Apple, must be secure."
I find that interesting. I like that Apple gives me the option to shut out all the apps and parasites who are tracking my every touch on a smartphone so that they can market me like so much meat. Digital privacy may be ephemeral and probably non existent, but given the screaming, threats, suits, and other bullshit Apple was threatened with by other internet powers, I figure they must have done something actually useful. Either that or it's all great and empty theater, like politics. I also like that iPhones don't explode.

Facebook would sell your children's organs to make a nickel.

Reactions: Elric

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I usually buy generic/store brand, but there are a few brands I'm loyal to.

Duluth Trading Boxer Briefs... Eco-Cheeks and Buck Naked Performance. The most comfortable underwear I've ever owned. I wait until they're on sale and then stock up. I'm a fan of a lot of the Duluth Trading products.

Bonne Maman fruit preserves

Q-Tips - no flimsy generic cotton swabs for me.

Wrangler jeans

I'm sure there's a few more.
With you on Deluth. Their products are thought out and last longer.

Reactions: scloyd

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I find that interesting. I like that Apple gives me the option to shut out all the apps and parasites who are tracking my every touch on a smartphone so that they can market me like so much meat. Digital privacy may be ephemeral and probably non existent, but given the screaming, threats, suits, and other bullshit Apple was threatened with by other internet powers, I figure they must have done something actually useful. Either that or it's all great and empty theater, like politics. I also like that iPhones don't explode.

Facebook would sell your children's organs to make a nickel.
Difference in opinion. My kids used Apple for longest time. Didn't care to do much but follow what Apple tell them. Now they want options. Apple, like all proprietary technology, lack in what can be done. Seems a quick search indicates Apple explodes also. Battery tend to do that on occasions.

Alejo R.

Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Interesting, got me thinking. I am not loyal to any brand. I move within certain quality and price standards, but I can go from one brand to another, as long as the price / quality ratio is what I am looking for.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

Alejo R.

Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
If I can choose I like to drink Coca-Cola, go to Disney World, Seiko mechanical watches, Ralph Laurent perfumes and shirts and Adidas sneakers, but not exclusively any of them.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I have decided I have 'brand respect' rather than brand loyalty. Which means (my definitions) that instead of gauranteed loyalty to a brand I have a higher probability of repeat purchase from one brand over another. Dewalt power tools, because I already have 10 batteries to fit them, etc.

Reactions: crusader

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I don't like all Bosch tools, jackhammer is one, but they do make some of the finer power tools out there. Don't see em offered much in my area
The one Bosch tool I know to avoid is their job site table saws: they used some plastic components there that don't last very long and are nigh unreplaceable, rendering the saw useless when they go south. I've been satisfied with the rest, though.

Spa32

Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
Tama drums
Sabian Cymbals
Viking cues
Savinelli
VW
S&W
Nikon
PSAudio

That's a small selection of the brands that I'm loyal to. When I find a brand a like that's the only brand I purchase and use.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I love the old Leica 35mm rangefinder cameras, though I never owned one. Once they got to digital cameras, I think there was a lot of duplication of circuits, and I'm not sure camera brands are distinct anymore. But those old Leica's were solid as a rock and beautifully designed and built. The old celluloid film, especially the b&w like Tri-X, had a visual vibrance that saturated color has never approximated. Images are so computer generated now, the sense of photographic verity is not creditable. Photography used to have the aura of being from life, but now it is from chips, beautiful but conceptual, disengaged.
I shot miles of Tri-X back in the day. It was grainy but you could push and pull it and make it do all kinds of things predictably. Like you say, it had a special look, especially depending on what developer or print paper you used it with. Tri-X is definitely an old friend. I also liked Pan-X for its creamy appearance but ISO 32 was a real limit.

High quality film cameras were beautiful machines.

Definitely a fan of Kodak, Nikon and some of the Agfa line.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Brands are mostly corporately owned, and sold frequently. So no loyalty there. There are products that have worked well for me, have been reliable, taste great or are unique to my needs and desires:

Acme Smoked Fish. I love everything that they make. Whitefish salad forever!
5.11 TDU's. I wear them every day.
Canon cameras. Been a Canon user since 1993, when Nikon was floundering in the autofocus arena.
HP laptops, since 1995
Asus motherboards, since my first build...?
NEC monitors, although I'm about to go Eizo
Tripp-Lite power products
Synology RAID NAS
Joyva halvah
Woodford Reserve
Stihl chainsaws, although my Dolmar/Makita felling saw is fantastic, too.
Dillon reloading presses
Dynalite strobes...RIP
VW
Mount Olive pickles and relish.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant