PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I am not sure if I will sign up or not…. sounds very fun, though. Two thoughts:

1. Is there a deadline in terms of signing up? If so, when?

2. Might it be a good idea to have a “loose requirement” that the recipient should write a post about his experience in sampling the box after he passes it onward? It could be entertaining reading that would keep interest high.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Box Pass 2023 Rules

• You must have joined the forum on or before 4/28/2022.
  • You must have at least 200 posts as of today (4/28/2023)
  • You must post pictures when you receive the box.
  • You must be able to pass the box on in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Every recipient is responsible for the outgoing shipping cost to the next recipient.
  • You must confirm receipt of the box with myself.
  • You must provide tracking information to myself when you ship.
  • You must contribute to the box.
  • You must reside in the United States
  • No PO boxes.

Requirements

• A minimum of 1 year and 200 posts as of today. All other requests will be ignored.
  • Provide Shipping address, email, and phone number. Anyone unwilling to submit this will not participate.
  • Sufficient funds to ship box to next recipient.

Acceptable items.

• Bulk/Loose pipe tobacco
  • Tinned pipe tobacco
  • Pipes
  • Leather/Plastic Pipe rests.
  • Cigars
  • Cigar cutters
  • Tampers/pipe tools
  • Pipe lighters

Prohibited Items
  • Glass
  • Liquids
  • Lighter fuel
  • Food
  • No Czech tools or pipe nails
  • No golf tees
  • Books
A container and Boveda pack will be included for cigars please leave them in the box. Mylar bags will be included please use them for bulk/loose tobacco and mark the bag with a contents label.

To sign up, post here so everyone can see who’s participating send me your info via PM.

Stealing the box will result in forum membership termination and your phone number and email address will be given to every political campaign, PAC, life insurance salesman, and action cause I can find.

I cannot promise that @ashdigger will not be sent to your house to play Yoko Ono records at a very high volume until you produce the box.
You forgot to tell them that failure to abide by the rules will result in a personal visitation by myself with all the flatulence and foul tobacco that would entail! rotf

Last edited:

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Boy, some of these guys like @Doctor Chopper, @Sobrbiker, @Scottmi, and @ThermionicScott are very active and upstanding members whom I fully expected met the criteria.

@Scottmi has even been so generous as to send me some tobacco samples, already.

It's funny how the right kind of guy feels like he's been here forever.

I'm not questioning the necessity of objective lines -- they exist because exceptions like these guys are just that (exceptions) -- and I fully support the decisions of the organizers. I'm just lamenting that guys like this fall outside those lines. It's too bad, but I understand.

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Boy, some of these guys like @Doctor Chopper, @Sobrbiker, @Scottmi, and @ThermionicScott are very active and upstanding members whom I fully expected met the criteria.

@Scottmi has even been so generous as to send me some tobacco samples, already.

It's funny how the right kind of guy feels like he's been here forever.

I'm not questioning the necessity of objective lines -- they exist because exceptions like these guys are just that (exceptions) -- and I fully support the decisions of the organizers. I'm just lamenting that guys like this fall outside those lines. It's too bad, but I understand.
I appreciate the recognition, but I also understand the rules and the reasoning for it. I totally agree with the rules, and look forward to perhaps getting in next year. I see where making the rules with this process is necessary.

I just want to take a moment to thank all of you for the friendship in this forum. I have benefitted greatly. thanks.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I appreciate the recognition, but I also understand the rules and the reasoning for it. I totally agree with the rules, and look forward to perhaps getting in next year. I see where making the rules with this process is necessary.

I just want to take a moment to thank all of you for the friendship in this forum. I have benefitted greatly. thanks.
Agreed, 100%

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I am dropping a couple off in the mail today.

Ugg, those you listed aren't exactly going to sell the box idea very well, haha.
There's not really any of those things going in the box, Its actually shaping up to be a killer box. I'm not going to divulge any contents until its ready to ship though.
Dibs on any Grape White Owl cigars.
Sorry we only have Acid Patchouli cigars...