PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Glad you could join the club!! Always looking for more folks to join us. Remember to not pack your pipe so tightly and to slow your pace of puffing down.

Reactions: STP

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Welcome aboard the PAD train. Next stop TAD.

JohnnyRockets

Lurker
Sep 1, 2022
Tecumseh, Michigan
Thanks so much everyone for such a warm welcome! I honestly cannot remember what the tobacco name is that I bought, but I like it! I'll have to pay a bit more attention! Appreciate the abbreviations, both helpful and kind of funny!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

JR

Reactions: fireground_piper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Good choice of pipe.
A briar needs to be rested if you're smoking more than a bowl or two a day, so it would be a good idea for you to get a few pipes to rotate.
Can't go wrong with Missouri Meerschaum cobs. Very good smokers and really economical.

Then go to an online tobacconist like www.tobaccopipes.com and order an ounce of as many blends as you like, to give you an idea of what suits your tastes.
Don't worry if you don't like a blend. Tobacco keeps for decades properly stored and tastes change.
What you do not like today, you might really like down the road.

I've been smoking a pipe for more than twelve years and still often go through stages where I lean towards aromatics more than non-aromatics for a while or vice versa.
Generally speaking though, I like a variety of genres through the day.

Welcome and don't be scared to ask questions. We were all newbies at one point [Me, I only had half a clue before I found pipe forums puffy]

Reactions: UncleRasta

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Hi all!

Started down the pipe smoking road today, coming from the cigar smoking world, about a week ago.

Today my wife bought me my first pipe and tobacco (such a

The pipe is a Rossi Sera 8315 Briar pipe (by Savinelli according to the box) and the tobacco is a good pipe blend recommended by my local B & M store.

Had my first bowl in it and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Off to a good start so far! :)

JR
Welcome! Awesome choice on the first pipe. Prince is my favorite shape and I LOVE my Savinelli 315 KS pipes. You won't be disappointed.