PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
To my eye they are ugly pipes. That said, I own a couple for fishing as I can preload a couple bowls, stick them in the vest and fish. Rather than wade to shore, empty and refill a pipe, I simply swap out for a fresh bowl, light and go back to beating the water to a froth with assorted flies.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
My pipe mentor in Liverpool introduced me to both St Bruno's flake and the falcon nearly half a century ago. While I have been enjoying St Bruno's ever since, I never became attached to the falcon. A classic Brit pipe style but I just did not hanker after one. But when my pipe mentor died in 2015, the afternoon after his funeral I went to a tobacconist and got me a falcon. Now I smoke it with St Bruno in his honour.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
That sounds perfect. I believe that is what I’m going to do tonight. What a perfect combination.

Wish I had some real Condor in my cellar, but I’ve got a healthy stock of St Bruno to draw from.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
St Bruno Flake in a Falcon is sublime!

Sitting at work counting the minutes until I get home. Packed a pipe at lunch and it’s waiting for me to begin my weekend.

Great idea you had there, sir. Your mentor would approve!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Alas, me and anything meerschaum...
nn0C6Fh.jpg

bo5AsQa.jpg

bo5AsQa.jpg

Tis a sickness I tell you...cray

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Holy Snikes, Weezell, that's a Meer or two or ... a shitload. Very, very nice!

So, how does one store Falcon bowls (assuming one doesn't go full Weezell and store them on their own stem, LMAO!) ??

Is there a special contrivance, box, rack, etc.?

Reactions: danimalia

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
You guys are nuts.

lol

nice shillelagh @weezell I’ve got the green one. Of course I have a made in Ireland bowl ??

I had a black stem but I felt like the anodizing wasn’t very good.

I just set them on their bottoms. They sit flat. But if you must I bet you could use a sewing thread rack... you know the pine ones with pegs?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
That's not a bad idea. Thought about just putting them in a box top or something but seemed rather blah. Just leaving them loose seems like inviting them to scatter or hit the floor. The Snifter shaped bowl thinks it's a top and wobbles around and then tips over. Only a matter of time before it goes full Lemming and hits the floor I'm afraid.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
HU Director's Cut
Sorry - wrong thread, obviously. I'm so used to seeing Weezell's meers on the WAYS thread that I must've got mixed up.;)

I got my first Falcon a little while ago. The first thing I smoked in it was Dark Flake U/S, and it was such a good combo that I haven't really smoked much else in it since. ODF is good in it too. Eventually, I want to get a few bowls so I can pre-pack them and stick them in my pocket for when I'm out and about.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I had a Falcon for a while but didn’t smoke it much. I didn’t like the plastic mouthpiece so ended up sending it in to the SmokingPipes.com estate section for store credit. I also found the bowls surprisingly small.

Status
Not open for further replies.