PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoktrel

Lurker
Jun 20, 2021
I used self-leveling polyurethane, made for filling cracks in concrete. Weeks later it's still glossy - as pristine as the day it went in.

Anybody have a 5/32" drill bit I can borrow?

LikeDadDid:

polyurethane contains Hydrogen Cyanide. This is a very dangerous compound. I am not an expert, so i can't explain exactly how it works (although i am just beginning to study chemistry and may try to make a job out of it) but the polyurethane molecule "contains" HCN (hydrogen cyanide).

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
LikeDadDid:

polyurethane contains Hydrogen Cyanide. This is a very dangerous compound. I am not an expert, so i can't explain exactly how it works (although i am just beginning to study chemistry and may try to make a job out of it) but the polyurethane molecule "contains" HCN (hydrogen cyanide).
It doesn’t actually contain any HCN, but it can react to produce HCN when combusted. But yeah, I wouldn’t put it in a pipe either.

ClenchedBilliard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 19, 2021
Louisiana
As you smoke it the wood will burn away a little at a time. After a few smokes the wood will have burned down and may look more even. It usually takes me 4-5 smokes in a cob before I consider it “broken in”.

Reactions: Effortlessdepths

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
LikeDadDid:

Okay, I really need to wet down my humor. I didn't know all that, and I thank you for bringing it to the conversation, but I've never used self leveling poly in a pipe. I thought that was an obvious over-the-top joke. Reading it now, a month later, it sounds like I was actually that stupid. And I am, but not in that specific manner.

I did once tell an airport security agent that my friend, who was at that moment headed for the metal detector, was carrying a gun. Yes I'm that stupid. Yes I got in trouble, if a stiff reprimand counts as being in trouble. In my defense, 9/11 was still decades away, so I thought the agent was way too sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.