PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I don't care for'em myself. Don't see what the raving is about. I tried 13 of there blends. Didn't find any I'd re-order. The $3.75 an ounce is a little out of line for my tastes. There's better and cheaper blends out there.

Pipes and Cigars has many wonderful blends for a lot less money. That's where I buy my baccy.
I'm not a aromatic guy. No Chocolate flavored blends for me. Just make it smooth, flavorful and cool burning and I'll buy it.
I'm smoking the Nording Retriever now. It's pretty good. Very mild of the three blends offered by Eric Nording. The others are more robust in nature. It doesn't bite and you can enjoy three or four bowls in a row without any dissatisfaction. Good blend to take with you in the truck.

number6

Might Stick Around
Apr 28, 2011
I've tried many already mentioned and loved them all. The aromatics are top notch (IMHO).
Tough to pick my favorite but its probable Piper's Pleasure. Great room note and always bring positive comments, even from non-smokers.

brownbilliard

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2012
Just received my treasure trove of Boswell blends today. As i write this, I am smoking by first bowl of berry cobbler. I started a thread called Boswell epiphany a couple days ago, in which i insinuated that aromatics weren't serious pipe tobacco. I regret that now. This is SERIOUS tobacco.
I can taste how delicately and caringly this family creates their blends. I was expecting berry cobbler to be overwhelming fruity and candylike from the descriptions i've read online. Not so. It's sweet, not cloying and has several levels of flavor, including the cobbler crust. I haven't tried anything else yet but it seems that the Boswell family is king of the aromatic universe :worship:

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
Am smoking Boswell's Sweet and Mild right now, I would recommend it to anyone that wants a slight break from the aeros, it has a very smooth taste on the palate.

Apr 11, 2012
i started off smoking all tyoes but i meet a boswells member during a hunt lodge trip and he turned me on to boswell. They makes Pipe tobacco that taste the way it smells without the checmial taste i think its the sure and fermentation is misxed wtih the fruit or real flavorings ALL THE ONES LISTED plus pipers pleasure ares great, mine are nobite delite, christmas cookie, PA dutch treat,razzberry creame, northwoods,berry cobler, and apple struddler, countryside,northwoods and bearblend are strong but no tougne bite plus the grow on you with that omi taste and room smell

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I tried more blends and like the Mild English, Dan's Blend, Countryside and Hunters choice. Those are my re-orders. Aromatic's give me a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.