PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Looking for opinons from those who have smoked Boswells aromatic tobacco blends. Christmas cookie, berry cobler and spice and nice have captured my attention with their descriptions. Please post your reviews if you have tried these blends.

Thanks!
Edit: Moved to Pipe Tobacco Discussion, L.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I've had the Christmas cookie, chocolate cream, berry cobbler and nobitedelite. My favorite is the chocolate cream, then nobite, CC then berry.
The CC is a very nice sweet blend. Kinda like gingerbread and caramel. It smokes with few relights and burns to almost all the way down.
The berry cobbler was very good as well. Very very berrylicious. It tastes like berries!! Very nice smell and taste and burns the same as re CC.
IMO Boswell blends are very good. It is so far my favorite blends of tobacco. I'm usually reaching for the chocolate cream.
If you are even thing about getting some Boswell tobacco, DO IT!!!!! you won't regret it!
Speaking of which, I should replenish my chocolate cream.
Hope this helps!

Jul 15, 2011
I have tried a sample of Boswells Christmas Cookie, and I can tell you that it is perhaps the mildest aromatic that I have ever smoked, and the nice thing about it is that it doesn't have that weird chemical taste that some aromatics do, at least to me it doesn't. The smell is absolutely intoxicating (it gets me tons of nice comments when I smoke it out in public), and the batch that I had was very dry burning and left no goop. Very nice smoke! I'm sure some opinions may vary, but my limited experience with Christmas Cookie is pleasant, to say the least.

Jul 12, 2011
I have tried several and have enjoyed them all: Christmas Cookie, chocolate cream, Sweet tea, Northwoods, Berry cobbler & Countryside (a lighter version of Northwoods)

smokenscotch

Nov 23, 2011
I have only tried the Chocolate Cream and it really is good. If you like a sweet aro, this is great. I've cellared some to keep for later enjoyment. Go for it, you'll love it.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Boswell aros seem top notch. The Berry Cobbler and Christmas Cookie are both good. I also like the Northwoods.

docrx

Jan 9, 2011
Ive enjoyed most of them except i didnt care for the pomegranite one.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
I'm a fan of Boswell's. I use Northwoods, Cherry Smash, Best Burley,Countryside, Christmas Cookie and Peach Cobbler. I recomend them all.

My favorites are Cherry Smash, Countryside and Boswell's premium burley.

As others said, I don't think you can go wrong with any of their blends, aromatic or otherwise.

I love Cherry Smash and I'm not typically an aromatic guy.

Their service is great and they are nice folks and the store is fantastic.

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
I've had the Christmas cookie** & berry cobbler**** & boswell's best*** & Hunter’s Choice**** & No Bite DeLite*** & Piper's Pleasure*** so far I like them all very well, there all aromatic but with there own taste!!! try them all!!!

Jan 3, 2011
Florida
I have tried several of Boswell's tobaccos to include Boswell's Best, Boswell's Premium Burley, Sweet Tea, No Bite Delite, Pom Holiday, Apple Strudel and PA Dutch Treat. Pom Holiday was a bit too much for me in the flavoring and sweetness, as was the Apple Strudel. My favorite is the PA Dutch Treat. Just enough cherry to round out the Burley. I was very impressed with the quality of Boswell's tobaccos as well as their customer service! Give them a call and tell them what you enjoy smoking, they will gladly point you in the right direction.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I've smoked several of the Boswell's aromatics and they've all been good, particularly PA Dutch Treat, No Bite Delite, Raspberry Cream, Chocolate Cream, and Boswell's Premium Burley. Their English blends are very good, too. I'm especially fond of Magnum Blend, Northwoods, and Mild English. The Boswells are really nice people to deal with, too. They also make terrific pipes.
Smokey

Dec 28, 2011
I recently ordered a small sample of four of their blends: Christmas Cookie, Berry Cobbler, Northwoods, and Piper's Pleasure.
Christmas Cookie - Extremely light and enjoyable; few relights

Berry Cobbler - not as light as CC; fantastic room note, highly recommended

Northwoods - boldest of the bunch; nice billowing smoke; nice Latakia; I like this one a lot; no relights necessary

Piper's Pleasure - the lightest (IMHO) of the bunch, still very satisfying
I'll definitely be placing a much bigger order for the Berry Cobbler and Northwoods. I'll keep sampling the others available until I've tried them all :)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm not a big aromatic guy, but their Bear blend is one I can enjoy. Come on over next Saturday, a few of us are getting together at the store for a meet/greet and smoke.

fulton

Lurker
Mar 6, 2011
Saginaw,Michigan
Terry,
I just received a bunch of Boswell tobaccos from the Secret Santa exchange. I've tried (and enjoy) them all. If you'd like to try some shoot me a PM with your address and I'll drop a few bowls worth in the mail.
Cheers

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I'm just an aromatic kind of guy... and Boswell has the art AND the science of gorgeous, "scentsual", and totally wonderfully satisfying aros down pat! My favorites so far are Christmas Cookie, Berry Cobbler, and Pom Holiday. I stopped at the store in Chambersburg in person to get the Pom Holiday back towards the end of November and it has been "my tobacco" every since... I can't get enough of it. I've been hiking in the local mountains around here the past couple days and took some along for those excursions and had several of those wonderful transcendent moments sitting on a rock out in the middle of the deep PA woods and blowing Pom Holiday smoke-visions around my head! I've had dozens of commercial tinned aros from the standard tobacco big-wigs in my humble quest for the the ever-popular perfect smoke and Boswells outshines them all so far. His ingredients seem way above the average luxury aros... NEVER a chemical taste, never a bizarre side-taste that I notice in others, never an unidentifiable alien aroma... just thick, rich, totally satisfying and full aroma exactly as they describe them. And you can't beat a trip in person to the store. Wonderful people, wonderful operation! Seriously.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I'm just an aromatic kind of guy... and Boswell has the art AND the science of gorgeous, "scentsual", and totally wonderfully satisfying aros down pat! My favorites so far are Christmas Cookie, Berry Cobbler, and Pom Holiday. I stopped at the store in Chambersburg in person to get the Pom Holiday back towards the end of November and it has been "my tobacco" every since... I can't get enough of it. I've been hiking in the local mountains around here the past couple days and took some along for those excursions and had several of those wonderful transcendent moments sitting on a rock out in the middle of the deep PA woods and blowing Pom Holiday smoke-visions around my head! I've had dozens of commercial tinned aros from the standard tobacco big-wigs in my humble quest for the the ever-popular perfect smoke and Boswells outshines them all so far. His ingredients seem way above the average luxury aros... NEVER a chemical taste, never a bizarre side-taste that I notice in others, never an unidentifiable alien aroma... just thick, rich, totally satisfying and full aroma exactly as they describe them. And you can't beat a trip in person to the store. Wonderful people, wonderful operation! Seriously.

mrhooker93

Might Stick Around
Oct 11, 2011
I am currently smoking Boswell's Northwoods. Very good blend! If I am not mistaken, PipeFriend from Youtube has made a video about Boswell's Berry Cobbler, but I am not entirely for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.