PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
So, about 6 months ago, I was doing some serious reading about bonsai, and watching a bunch of YouTube videos. This is usually the precursor to me jumping head, and wallet first into a new hobby. I decided against it. But, now seeing this post I'm being tempted all over again. Living in Northern Nevada, I was going to make my first attempt a sagebrush.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My Dwarf Alberta Spruce comes from the Lowes clearnace bin...there is a lot of good material there this time of year.
They often have boxwoods with some nicely spaced branches and good trunk development.

Reactions: Ethan

AlexBarkat

Lurker
Jan 8, 2024
Clearance sections can be gold mines for bonsai material. Dwarf Alberta Spruces and boxwoods offer fantastic potential for bonsai with their natural features. Trunk development and well-spaced branches are excellent starting points for shaping them into beautiful miniature trees. If you're diving into bonsai with these plants, the guide at https://bonsaiforbeginners.com/guide could be a game-changer. It offers insights on techniques and care, perfect for crafting your clearance treasures into stunning bonsai.

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123