PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Can the Director find a woman as unattractive as the late Ms. White?
Perhaps the woman who terrorized John Goodman while they were married. (Temporarily blocked her name)

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Just take them to the train station.
Brings to mind the case of Winnie Ruth Judd:

In 1931, Winnie Ruth Judd, the infamous ''Trunk Murderess,'' was the talk of the nation after her two best friends were found dismembered, packed into two trunks and a suitcase, on a train from Phoenix to Los Angeles.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
They made a movie about this love couple and prison escape.

View attachment 144655
I'm waiting for the details to come out on the current story. Dannemora had the whole Escape from Alcatraz thing going for it with backstory drama and a climax. This one just kind of fizzled out (thankfully).despite them having the one thing most fugitives don't - cash.

Maybe if they cast Gary Busey as Vicky White (she looked like him in a wig) and let Gary be Gary, the current story would be mildly entertaining.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
gallows humor is essential. It helps one cope with the nasty parts of reality.
though this escape thing is sad. Especially since we don't know what the full story is. We have assumptions and while not flimsy they're also not certain. Even if it's like we think it is. Even if she was being romantic, it's still a situation that shouldn't have ever happened or be able to happen. Heck even non violent prisoners shouldn't be transported by one person. What if that one person breaks their leg in an accident. And you'd think more paper work even would be involved in taking a violent criminal to a psyche eval. I have to go through more steps and confirmations to get a basic check up. If this trips the alarms it should I bet they'll find an alarming level of slack on following procedure.
Another thing people don't talk about is the psychology that also leads to this kind of crap. It's a fact that the prison system not only corrects and punishes which it totally should absolutely do, it's also dehumanizing by design (that's a whole other debate). The thing is that's a big part of why these things happen semi regularly. The fact is even a shit person even a really shitty person is still a human. When they're not dehumanized seeing their good or charming side doesn't cause a rift. But that rift caused by finding out about the part of the bastard that likes puppies, loves their mother, or whatever creates cognitive dissonance. So that's a problem that might have several solutions but if things stay the way they are it will happen again with sparse but alarming regularity. So yeah there isn't any aspect of it that's right, except the piece of shit being back in prison. Oh and that mutant freak of a psycho man gave me the vibe of a person that has psycho charm. You know a manipulative piece of shit basically.
Basically what I am saying is that no matter what she wanted to do there is no place and no way she should have been able to just walk out with that murdering human waste. And it's really fun to think about the costs incurred because of all the rules and regulations and common sense that wasn't followed. Including the cost of the fact that the guys a murderer and the one question in my mind wasn't if he was going back but if he'd end up killing anyone including but not limited to law enforcement. Oh and I can't help but suspect that the self inflicted part of the gun shot is not a sure thing.
Ah that's my two cents. Joke about it. That's healthy but also don't forget that more then a few things went wrong that should not have been possible and the whole thing could have been very preventable.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
OK, folks, there'll be another one coming along within a month or so....

And thanks esp to warren and ash for an insider's view. I never get to see actual dead bodies. Get to?? I don't have to!

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Wait, are you a Janitorial MD?
I worked in hospital administration before deciding that my soul and not having a stroke at 45 where more important then a career. Like my blood pressure now is great for a man my age who doesn't act like salt is poison.
Though the worst part I feel like I am doing more good for the world now then I did then. Fun fact doctors gave me the nickname Doctor Bob (apparently it's old person song.)
You know what feels really good to your soul? Helping parents navigate insurance b.s. after they get the news their kids got cancer. That's the kind of thing that makes you feel like Satan is real and has best friends in the insurance industry. Oh the thing is they will in a case like that get out the fine toothed comb to find any reason they can reject claims oh and also they'll often reject every claim too knowing that there is a chance the parents won't fight it (I've called them up and said you know that is a bullshit reason and gotten a response of would you want to pay for it?).

I worked in hospital administration before deciding that my soul and not having a stroke at 45 where more important then a career. Like my blood pressure now is great for a man my age who doesn't act like salt is poison.
Though the worst part I feel like I am doing more good for the world now then I did then. Fun fact doctors gave me the nickname Doctor Bob (apparently it's old person song.)
You know what feels really good to your soul? Helping parents navigate insurance b.s. after they get the news their kids got cancer. That's the kind of thing that makes you feel like Satan is real and has best friends in the insurance industry. Oh the thing is they will in a case like that get out the fine toothed comb to find any reason they can reject claims oh and also they'll often reject every claim too knowing that there is a chance the parents won't fight it (I've called them up and said you know that is a bullshit reason and gotten a response of would you want to pay for it?).
One of my favorite shorts in a Dorsey novel was the guy who got an award from the HMO company he worked for. The guy had it on his answering machine to deny all claims made, which saved the HMO a ton of money. Deny, deny, deny. Then, one day he was shot in the neck with a BB gun while driving on the interstate. The agent couldn't get the ER to admit him, because his insurance was through the same company that he worked for, and he couldn't talk to explain to them that when they called his HMO, that they were getting HIS answering machine... and he died.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.