PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Speaking of disposing of bodies, anyone who hasn't seen "The Irishman" with Robert DeNiro might be interested in seeing it. It's based on the Jimmy Hoffa disappearance, and posits a plot explaining it. Basically, as an inside mob hit and quick cremation that did away with the remains, when Jimmy got out of line with the mob boss. DeNiro played an Irish hit man who got close to the mob boss and was tapped to off Hoffa because he was close to Jimmy and wouldn't be suspected. The subject is mighty harsh, but the film is really well done.

Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
One face and body we won't have to view is under-going an autopsy to figure out if the bullet she put through her head might have caused her death. That's the late Ms. White, the former guard who ran away with a murderer, also named White. I am sure most Alabaman women are more attractive.

Reactions: JOHN72

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is that the wife of the Boston mobster who escaped jail and lived on the lamb for years? I knew he had a female partner but had forgotten she had married him. Didn't he eventually die in prison after recapture, basically of old age?

Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
So your family must be solving these, and disciplining the perpetrators, 'in-house' ? Please give details Thursday evening.
My family wasn't involved in my career. Unsure I understand your request for "details?"
Didn't he eventually die in prison after recapture, basically of old age?
If you are referring to Bulger, he was assassinated while in prison.

Reactions: anotherbob

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Is that the wife of the Boston mobster who escaped jail and lived on the lamb for years? I knew he had a female partner but had forgotten she had married him. Didn't he eventually die in prison after recapture, basically of old age?
If the question is directed at me, no.
It was a 20 year jail guard in Alabama who engineered an escape for a convicted killer- quite romantic, eh? The two were on the lam (lamb?) for about a week.

And, as mentioned, your description sounds like Whitey Bulger.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Slight change of pace but according to a football blog in the U.K this fellow used to let rip something so bad it was assumed he had a dead body stuck up his arse....

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
How the heck did they develop a romance?
Prisoners are not monitored every second of the day. Plus, she was the officer in charge of jail. And, "turn-keys" aren't usually the cream of a sheriff's department. Prisoners are often murdered in prison, escape from prison and take sexual partners in prison. Gangs in prisons often exert more control over the general population than the guards do. Prisons are not the bastions of security as TV and Hollywood would have us think. I'm pretty sure the Whites will be the subject of a movie and then you can see the romanticized version of of the event. There may even be a shred of truth in the movie. Yes! It happens! Not often of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.