PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
just opened my first blood red moon - - have tried most of the cherry blends - as a kid smoker in 1960's i smoked middleton cherry -liked it & now aged 70 looked for for another cherry blend as i didnt want a large container, read about brm bought 2 tins.
opened one & the aroma from that tin was great - the tobacco was not that tightly packed as are many blends, no need to rub out as the tobacco is a silky smooth blend easy to pack into a pipe. it took only one match no second was needed - remained well lit to the bottom.- the smoke coming from that pipe is rich & thick enjoyable to see. the cherry flavor is not that cough syrup taste - the tobacco does not burn in the mouth as some aros do - finished about 2/3rd the pipe still no need for a relight with continued thick smoke. loaded it up on a second & third pipe the same day & usually i smoke only a pipe a day.
for cherry lovers still looking for a cherry blend i suggest a tin of "blood red moon" by CULT - even that logo on the tin looks great on the table.
another blend recommended by guys on pipes magazine - thanks guys

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I have heard good things about this blend and have a tin coming this week. Can't wait to give it a try.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
I've moved away from aromatics over the past year and tend to smoke a lot more latakia, Vapers, and Lakelands. That said, Blood Red Moon remains one of my all time favorite aromatics and I still smoke it regularly. A nice, full, rich taste--great stuff!

gnome

Lurker
Feb 6, 2016
Cult Blood Red Moon has a smooth, cool, thick creamy mouth feel like nothing else. I only wish I was available in bulk, I went through 4 tins of it last month. It is my top choice for cherry blends. Lane Black Raspberry is another must try.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I just received two tins in a trade. So close to opening one after reading all the good things about it. After I finish my next open tin I am joining the Cult!

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
I have not tried this yet. Don't smoke aros that rotten. So far cherry blends I like are Top Black Cherry, McC three cherry blend, c&d black cherry, c&d dark cherry. I have a tin of cherrybomb but not tried it as of yet.

mig19

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2016
Ai recently received my first tin...Holy Smokes, what a great blend!!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
One of my absolute favorite aro's! Definitely also a crowd pleaser! And almost always gets wistful-eyed responses from people suddenly remembering their grandfathers or favorite uncles... I've had this happen more than once! I actually had a chimney contractor here that was downright moved by what he remembered of his pappy... I just happened to have a virgin MM corn cob and a baggie with several bowls full of the same and sent it with him. It was a lovely experience!

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I like a blend with a pleasant room note and a sweet taste, but anything I ever smoked (pipe tobacco or cigars) that was cherry-flavored was pukeworthy. This one sounds tempting however.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Although I mostly smoke cigars now, my favorite pipe blends to smoke are Nightcap, University Flake, and Blood Red Moon. I usually despise aromatics, but Blood Red Moon is fantastic!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Will have to keep this in mind. I smoked a pouch of Paladin Black Cherry a while back, and it wasn't bad. Working my way through a tin of Erik the Red, which smells like a cherry slurpee, but isn't a bad smoke either - but it would be nice to find a cherry blend that I didn't feel I was damning with faint praise when I talk about it... :D

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
12070886_514302602083270_257400008_n.jpg

I have joined a cult!! 3 bowls today and I find it quite a refreshing change. I wish it was stronger in the vitamin N but all in all I would recommend this blend.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Why do people keep complaining Forums dis'es aromatics? This is a virtual cherry aro love fest. I'm mostly a non-aro smoker, but I'd sample this at the pipe show.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Blood Red Moon is a very good aromatic. For those of you who are always looking for more blends ya should check out Dan Tobacco's Devils Holiday.

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
How does it compare to Hobbit's Weed and/or Top Black Cherry. They are the two best cherry blends I've tried so far, not that I smoke aros very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.