PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I ordered some. I mean, I'm a non-aro guy but I like an aro now and then for a change. What I look for is one that doesn't use crappy tobacco just because it's cased and they figure nobody will tell the difference. And one that won't goop and ghost a pipe. I like 4th Generation 1931 for that reason, and my mixture of GL Pease's VA Cream and Lane's BCA. I like the idea this a cherry-chocolate blend rather than just plain cherry. The only thing offputting is the name. It sounds like something in a head shop.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Shutterbug:I know what you mean now about Aro's not having a decent tobacco backing the topping but I have found a few that do (at least for me) Some would be:
4noggins - Tomas Blend (a Nice nutty burly taste with a heavy maple/vanilla topping)

4noggins - Essence of Vermont (mildly sweet burly/perique) and some Nicotine too!

Trout Stream - strangely to me this tastes like Elizabethan match with a sweet aroma

Butternut Burly - Nice nutty burly , creamy and sweet.

Pete Stockebby - Black Coffee: Tastes nothing like coffee to me, just natural sweet honey nut Cheerio Flavor.

demetrakopoulos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
I bought Cult's Abacus a few months ago. I found it to be pretty unremarkable, despite hearing positive reviews on it. I mean, it was okay, but for a vanilla blend, I'd rather stick with 1Q. Blood Red Moon seems to be the preferred of their blends, so I'll probably order a tin this week.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have really been enjoying this blend for a few weeks now. I am not a big aromatic smoker but now and again I do enjoy them. I tried CAO's cherry blend years ago and found it to have a nasty chemical flavor. I was very hesitant in trying this blend but I am damn glad I did. It really does taste like cherry and chocolate and the room note is fantastic so say the people who have smelt it. I ordered 5 tins in my first order of it and I will be stocking a bunch more. I think the flavorings might start to mellow at the 5 year mark so I will test it at the 2,3,4 and 5 year marks keeping track of the toppings and how much they mellow out.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
It is certainly a mouthful of robust cherry candy flavor, a little over the top for me. I like a little tobacco flavor to come through as well, so I my preference is for the lighter aromatics. I was drinking coffee and smoking a bowl of Blood Red Moon the other day and the sweetness from the tobacco was getting transferred to my coffee which I always drink without sugar.
I've been smoking PS Sambuca which has a hint of anise and enjoy that quite a bit more.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I enjoyed a bowl of this yesterday after work. I, like cigrmaster, am going to order more. I plan on handing out a few tins of this as well.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
anise reminds me of what you get when you pronounce it with a long a.

The anise star does look a bit like that I guess.
I don't usually adventure far with aromatics, but this thread has got me curious, its on the list!
Isaac

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I'm going to have to give this another try, I recall enjoying it but never reordered any. The only one I actually cellar is Captain Black Red Sky, by far my favorite aromatic with wife approval as a bonus.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Well, thanks to this thread I ordered some Blood Red Moon with my last tobacco order. Smoking it now for the first time. It is good. Best cherry blend I've tride thus far. I will keep at the tin, but I suspect I will have another blend to add to my purchases.
Thanks.
A lot.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
As I said in my review, I consider it a dessert smoke, and I can see where it would be nice after a big meal. But it could get tiring if smoked too much too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.