PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Qball89

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
Western Pa
So with the dropping of the new Eight State Burley last week, it got me thinking of burley blends. I did get a few tins of the ESB and it is a very tasty blend. But what are other’s go to burley blends and does anyone favor the ESB over them?

Qball89

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
Western Pa
I’ve often seen people are smoking this. I haven’t had it before. From the sounds of it, I need to try it.

Reactions: ak2000

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Eight State lists five or six (more?) constituent tobaccos, so there are likely blends with three or four of similar tobaccos that might remind us of Eight State, but I think it is a stretch to think they would be strongly reminiscent.

You might well like the simpler blend or blends better, as a matter of taste, but it is unlikely any would be strongly similar.

Tabacco

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2020
GA - USA
Pegasus is really good, but nothing like Eight State. ESB is more a lightly topped VaBur than a Burley forward blend.
I have almost finished my first tin of 2022 ESB and I agree with you. The name Eight State Burley, in my case, was definitely misleading. In a good way probably, because I am really enjoying it.
I may be wrong but I think that in this blend the Orientals play a bigger role than the Burley,

Qball89

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
Western Pa
I'm tasting it the same way as you. It must be the orientals giving it a complexity I find ridiculously good. Folklore and now this - C&D is on a winning streak for me!
It does have more complexity than a lot of others for sure. I’m sorry to say that I missed out on the folklore, so I can’t comment on that. Most sure do rave about it though. Thanks.