PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Under its original ownership, C&D rediscovered burley as a base and condiment for premium blends. Since being brought by Laudisi, it has expanded its innovations to other genres of tobacco in Virginias and beyond. Not everyone loves C&D blends, but I have always found them some of my favorites. I'm glad C&D blends can now reach a wider world audience.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
We have been sending to various countries in Europe for the last year or so - Spain gets regular shipments, there has also been shipments to Germany, France, Belgium and other places over the last several months.
Do you happen to know when it will be distributed more in Germany? I have not seen it being sold anywhere in Germany?

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
We have been sending to various countries in Europe for the last year or so - Spain gets regular shipments, there has also been shipments to Germany, France, Belgium and other places over the last several months.
Thanks Rachel, but like @TheWhale13 I have not seen it in my preferred store in Germany which I browse regularly. Possibly they didn't receive it, doubtful as it is one of the largest in Germany.

Reactions: TheWhale13

TheWhale13

Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Thanks Rachel, but like @TheWhale13 I have not seen it in my preferred store in Germany which I browse regularly. Possibly they didn't receive it, doubtful as it is one of the largest in Germany.
My exact thoughts. If they have indeed delivered to Germany, either b&m received it in stores, or the distributor is not distributing. I don't see a reason for why it is not being sold on the internet.

TheWhale13

Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Nope. But be prepared for premium pricing. Just logistic costs alone have gone up more than 50% in the last year for some products. This is something really special.
Hopefully not more than 20 euros. Every tobacco has become a lot more expensive this year sadly.

Reactions: Jwebb90

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
Hopefully not more than 20 euros. Every tobacco has become a lot more expensive this year sadly.
Good god.....$21 per tin.....doubt they will sell much at that rate!

Gauntleys in Nottingham (UK) imported a few GL Pease a few years back and sold it for about £23 ($28).....needless to say they no longer sell it..................

If you can buy a good HU blend in Germany for $10 then the C&D stuff, while attracting a premium, still needs to be priced right.

I love some of the C&D blends so I hope it works out.........

TheWhale13

Aug 12, 2021
Sweden

Gauntleys in Nottingham (UK) imported a few GL Pease a few years back and sold it for about £23 ($28).....needless to say they no longer sell it..................

If you can buy a good HU blend in Germany for $10 then the C&D stuff, while attracting a premium, still needs to be priced right.

Yeah, I agree. But with inflation and just tobacco becoming more expensive due to legislation and popular opinion, it's just getting expensive overall. Most tins in Germany seems to have gotten one euro more expensive if not more. We need to stock up.

But still, this is positive news, and it may open up the pipe tobacco market in the EU to look more like the American, with more options and maybe cheaper bulk orders.

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
Hi! I just found this thread looking for alternative ways to get my hands on some american blends. I'm in Spain, but I buy tobacco regularly from Germany. Are there any news on this?

TheWhale13

Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Hi! I just found this thread looking for alternative ways to get my hands on some american blends. I'm in Spain, but I buy tobacco regularly from Germany. Are there any news on this?
No news, but it seems like it really is happening. But exactly when, and in what stores, I don't know. Still, Spain probably some of the best prices in Europe. I would be happy to visit just so I could buy some Condor, and stock up on everything affordably :)

Reactions: Yambo

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012

I’m a US-based pipesmoker and not a C&D fan—so I’m probably the least-qualified person here to talk about this—but I’m actually surprised at the level of price shock some have had regarding the potential pricing for these tins. 25 euros for a 2oz/50g tin of tobacco doesn’t seem outrageous to me, especially when you consider what folks in some other countries/areas are paying. It’s not even that far off from what I’m paying here in Michigan, when you add on excise tax and sales tax.

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
No news, but it seems like it really is happening. But exactly when, and in what stores, I don't know. Still, Spain probably some of the best prices in Europe. I would be happy to visit just so I could buy some Condor, and stock up on everything affordably
Let's hope so!
Prices are rising here too, but thankfully some blends are still afordable. Condor green is 5.70 right now. I wouldn't mind getting and shipping some pouches for you. Anyway, visiting Spain is always a good idea!

• Love
Reactions: TheWhale13