PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gawithhoggarth

Can't Leave
Dec 26, 2019
Kendal, UK
www.gawithhoggarth.co.uk
Its not that easy to just find a distributor, they need to be able to bond the tobacco, deal with all the import paperwork and tobacco registrations, have a good understanding of what the packaging and health warning regulations are for their country etc and have a good network of shops and retailers to sell to etc.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I spoke with STC a few months ago, and they told me that they will bring Peterson Nightcap, early morning, 965, to Greece early in the first half of the year.
I have a stock of Dunhill Nightcap and EMP but all the 965 has gone.
I do prefer GH blends though but those Peterson blends would be a welcome addition.I am not a lover of aromatics like the skandanavik/borkam riff etc
Any others possible?

Last edited:
Reactions: john19

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
I have a stock of Dunhill Nightcap and EMP but all the 965 has gone.
I do prefer GH blends though but those Peterson blends would be a welcome addition.I am not a lover of aromatics like the skandanavik/borkam riff etc
Any others possible?
I haven't smoked skandinavik and borkum but I haven't heard good things. I have heard very good things about erinmore flake (I haven't smoked him yet). I liked amphora special reserve no2 (cherry). And I liked mac baren 7 seas white (chocolate style). Non aromatic blends are not sold in Greece. Only the davidoff flake medallions (Va/Per).

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I haven't smoked skandinavik and borkum but I haven't heard good things. I have heard very good things about erinmore flake (I haven't smoked him yet). I liked amphora special reserve no2 (cherry). And I liked mac baren 7 seas white (chocolate style). Non aromatic blends are not sold in Greece. Only the davidoff flake medallions (Va/Per).
MacBaren's vanilla cream, or classic, or whatever it is called these days is pretty good. The Wolfway peeps made some good tobacco but the latest I saw was different cut, a lot rougher, borderline chopped rather than cut. When I lived in Greece in honoured estervals quite a few times to escape the pipe tobacco desert.

Reactions: paulfg and john19

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
This has just been confirmed by Kohlhase & Kopp Germany, they confirmed this on Instagram after my post here.
I was just looking for this instagram post but I can't find it. Could anyone direct me or post a screenshot? I'm already excited. I just hope they sell cheaper than at synjeco.

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
I wonder if they will use their coin style tins for this.
I was thinking the same. And I really hope not. Maybe its prejudice, but I feel te original ones are better for aging: no vacuum (air is good for fermentation in this case) and still tightly sealed.

Reactions: Jwebb90
Jan 19, 2023
Hello fellow Pipe smokers, any updates on the C&L and G.L Pease Blends releasing in Germany? May is almost over and i can't find anything suggesting that they will be soon available.

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
I've just talked to the distributor of C&D tobaccos, Kohlhase & Kopp. The market introduction is delayed because of false printings of the labels. New labels have arrived today. They are calculating two weeks from today until first tins will arrive at the dealersThank you
Thank you, Chris! Do you know what kind of tins are they using?

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I have seen peterson 965 is now on sale at at least one seller here in Greece,but he doesnt list any other new ones

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123