PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

eyjaygaming

Lurker
Nov 29, 2022
According to the German Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety, C&D has registered 12 tobaccos for use in Germany. We have heard rumors the last months that this may happen, this may be confirmation of that. No news who the distributor might be, best guess would be K&K. Does anybody have information on this?

cornelldiehl.PNG

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
I frequented a shop in Switzerland this past spring/summer and they had a range of C&D blends, along with G.L. Pease.

Was this "illegal" tobacco?

It was ridiculously overpriced. $28 Euro for a two gram tin if I remember right. I bought just one during the whole time. The date stamp was over 3 years old. Checked a number of their tins and all were around the same age. Didn't look like they were moving it, and the guy seemed surprised that someone was actually pulling it off the shelf.

Their Gawith section was all fresh tins... but well stocked.

Quite sure it wasn't priced as "aged tobacco". It will be interesting to see if it takes off there. Real interested to see how it is priced.

Some excellent blends. Hopefully they throw in some Pease as well and find a way to be competitive with the local blends.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Darn it, more tobacco to burn money on. I have some gifted c&d / glp tobacco, I smoked the c&d and it is for sure quality! I also see it on the list. Hope my source will sell it and it will be readily available. And now also please bring Gawith back....

Reactions: Karl and Jwebb90

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
I frequented a shop in Switzerland this past spring/summer and they had a range of C&D blends, along with G.L. Pease.

Was this "illegal" tobacco?

It was ridiculously overpriced. $28 Euro for a two gram tin if I remember right. I bought just one during the whole time. The date stamp was over 3 years old. Checked a number of their tins and all were around the same age. Didn't look like they were moving it, and the guy seemed surprised that someone was actually pulling it off the shelf.

Their Gawith section was all fresh tins... but well stocked.

Quite sure it wasn't priced as "aged tobacco". It will be interesting to see if it takes off there. Real interested to see how it is priced.

Some excellent blends. Hopefully they throw in some Pease as well and find a way to be competitive with the local blends.

Switzerland is not in the EU. So they don't need to pass the procedures.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Assuming we’re talking about product made in the States and imported into the EU or Switzerland (as opposed to licensed product manufactured locally) the largest potential incremental cost, dwarfing the delta for trans-Atlantic shipping, will almost certainly be various import and other taxes. These can run well into the double digits and account for the very high prices on the C&D tins cited in this thread. This extra charge of course goes not into the pocket of the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer but to the national or supranational government of the destination country.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Darn it, more tobacco to burn money on. I have some gifted c&d / glp tobacco, I smoked the c&d and it is for sure quality! I also see it on the list. Hope my source will sell it and it will be readily available. And now also please bring Gawith back....

I talked to Rachel Gawith @gawithhoggarth, the co-owner on this forum two weeks ago. She said that tobacco will be delivered to the EU as soon as they solved their delivery problem, first conveyance could be on it’s way right “now”. Let’s hope.