PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That is why you need a number of posts to buy or sell. Cause it is nice to know you can trust the people you buy or sell with.
I've been trying for years to get Kev to change the rules. I'd prefer if buying and selling both required a minimum post count. There's a lot of newbies that come and buy and then disappear.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I'm always super-cautious of who I deal with here. It sucks you got burned though.

I remember on another forum when a regular poster ran off with the entire box pass tobaccos. He vanished and got away with a ton of tobacco. And the dickhead was never caught.
Imagine that.
What happened to The PM Box Pass? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: kola

phdaemon

Lurker
May 31, 2022
Regarding "box pass" or mail bombs, I only do stuff like that with discord groups, and only with people I trust. Forums are excellent but way too anonymous whereas discord groups can be a little more controlled.

In any case, I've bought here from plenty of people without any issue, but I always check a user's history when I'm buying from them. Another thing you can do is ask for references.

Be safe everyone, scammers suck.

Reactions: Servant King

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
The scumbags will have their way with folks always.
I post Penzance, RDF, Stonehaven, etc. , I can pork somebody because their me too is more powerful than their common sense.

Reactions: Servant King

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I think there’s an internet rule that says eventually, someone is required to steal the box.
I think the main cause of most crime comes down to three factors. Stupidity, desperation, and opportunity. Usually a mix of the three. I think the box pass is stupidity and opportunity. In fact I think sometimes stolen pass boxes happen because the whole process of mailing might be too complex for some idiot and they're embarrassed to ask how to use a stamp.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have a rule, if I am selling something they pay first. My next rule is if I am looking to buy something, they ship first. I am well known with an impeccable reputation so I decide how the transaction will go.

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
Also received an unsolicited message from priestly9024@yahoo. STrange thing is, i still have the email notification but the conservation in my message box is empty. I've received two other of these unsolicited messages in the past and also have had the conservation deleted from my messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.