PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob1

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
I still use my "starter pouch" it's a vinyl roll-up.

Really works well and is comfortable in the pocket.

I'd really like to try out a leather zip top model.
Any suggestions?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I have two roll-ups that I got from Whitewood Leather and the're excellent. One of them is made from kangaroo and it's just beautiful.
Toker, what did you mean by "Castleford"?

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
The ultimate pouch I have found is this one. It has a latex lining and velcro to seal the tobacco. I have had it in my truck for about 2 months with tobacco in it, and it hasn't dried out yet. It is an aro tobacco.

plaid.jpg

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
heres the kinks for what i use

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-4-1-4-Survival-Tin-Rubber-Seal-Bushcraft-Mountain-Man-Zombie-Gold-Box-/230750793888?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b9d1b0a0

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Build-Survival-Tin-Belt-Pouch-with-Gobspark-Firesteel-By-Skystorm-/160751975916?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256d907dec

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have a rollup but I rarely use it. When I need to take tobacco with me, I take several small zip lock bags, label,and put tobacco inside. Voila. :puffy:

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
For the car, I put some baccy in the amber colored, twisty top medication plastic containers . Well, baccy is my only medication that works. Does not dry out and easy to load a pipe from. Many different sizes to choose from. :puffy:

bob1

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
Toker,

Castlefords are nice but I had a more 40's or 50's style zipper pouch in mind. Something simple.
Any suggestions?
-Thanks

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
40's or 50s's style zipper pouch
Actually I think the typical tobacco pouches of those eras were roll-ups.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Since I don't smoke as much as I used to, I have a Peterson IF tin that I have recycled and use it for carrying flakes, and an Erinmore Flake tin that I carry the Balkans in. I also have a rollup vinyl pouch for aros but it doesn't see much use anymore. My pipe bag has a removable snap baccy pouch inside but whatever you put in there dries out within a day and it makes a mess inside the bag as well, unless in a ziploc baggie, which defeats the whole idea of having a pouch ....

roguefox

Lurker
Mar 21, 2012
Just ordered a plaid roll up pipe tobacco pouch on ebay for like 5 dollars.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/261012541557?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT I'm hoping I use it enough to warrant the purchase! I see it being great for day-weekend trips.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
The type of pouch may not be so important. But if you have a favorite tobacco, it's nice to have a pouch dedicated to it, just as you have a pipe dedicated to it.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
My back left pocket is always "reserved" for a roll up. My mind is at ease as long as a smoke is in my face and my next one is cushioning my arse.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Been wondering this for a whole now! I bought a custom pouch online and although it is nice and was cheap, it doesn't hold all of my pipes.

I'll have to check out the roll it up pouches!

Status
Not open for further replies.