PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
What is your best and/or favorite type of tobacco pouch ?

Should it be leather ?

Should it have a latex lining ?

Should you use a "humidifier ball" in the pouch ?

tobaccopouch.jpg

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
This is something that has been driving me nuts for years! I keep going back to the standard zipper-top, nylon line thingy simply because its cheap and as good as any Ive found.....which isnt good at all! I figure that if I can come up with one that actually works and doesnt cost a weeks wages, I will be a millionaire! But, Im a lazy, lazy man...

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
I prefer the rollup style. I have fairly large hands and the zippered ones don't really work well for me.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I prefer the roll up pouches. When I stopped using those humectant discs,

I stopped loosing blends to mold....

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Nice tip with the altoids can. Sounds perfect for a stroll around town. I will definitely try that next time. I am assuming though that you clean it before? So that the mint smell is gone? I know they have the wax type paper that can be discarded but I am wondering if the smell is still there after that?

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I had an older can that I had washed about 20+ times through the years and I didn't smell or taste anything at all.
When I first emptied the can and washed it, I used to put a few cigarettes in it so I could put them in my back pocket, and I didn't smell or taste it then either!

gigmaster

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
I have a leather pouch with two zippered compartments, one for tobacco, and one to keep a pipe, an outside pocket for tools and a lighter, and an outside sleeve for holding pipe cleaners. I've never had any other pouches, so I don't know if other types work better, or not. Mine serves me well enough.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I got a 2 roll ups. I took an old clan Tartan that ripped on me and had my then girl friend now wife sew some plastic lining in it and turn it into a pouch. So now I have my clan's pipe pouch lol. I also just took and old Harley sunglass pouch with a draw string on the top and made it my tobacco pipe and tool carrier.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I took a surgical latex glove and stuffed a different tobacco in each finger.

Works great and gives me some choices when I'm out and about.

(I also pay for my subscription to PipesMagazine, so I get all the features.)

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
prefer leather, roll-up style and a "box" design, which i find easier to load my pipe from

the last one i bought was from 4noggins, but other sites (smokingpipes.com and mars) also have decent selections

rusco135

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
I don't like the zipper type bags cause too much air passes through the zipper teeth and tends to dry out the tobacco on a hot day?! I much prefer the leather pouch with a latex or rubber lining?! Comments??

Status
Not open for further replies.