PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
There are aerodynamic differences in how different shapes of pipes. But I am unable to distinguish them. Therefore, I just choose pipe / tobacco randomly, each time. Yesterday, I picked up my churchwarden. Earlier, I smoked a holiday blend. Etc.

Reactions: danimalia

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just out of curiosity... if you're of the opinion that dimensions have no relationship to blend smoking quality, what guided you in determining what to commission for a given blend.

Cheers.
Whimsy. I commissioned a volcano for a piratey rum blend, a blowfish(asian fish) for an Oriental blend, another blowfish for a blend called Angler's Dream, and so on. I bought this pipe for Symphony just because of the music note on the stem.

__1-3.jpeg-1.jpg
This one for King Cake

004-009-13154.4431-1.jpg

This one for Sakura

374_tricano.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: danimalia

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Not sure what tobacco would be best, but as others have said, sometimes certain blends sing in certain shapes. My stubby pot I used to smoke VA's out of but when I had a bowl of GLPease Jack Knife PLug cut to a shag consistency, it was no going back. It now is reserved for that blend only. I also have some other pipes dedicated to Black Frigate, Sunset Harbor Flake, Stratford, Key Largo, and FIllmore. I have pipes dedicated to a certain family of blends as well. I know some don't do it, but I have enough pipes where I can.