PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Kuehner

Lurker
Apr 8, 2020
You guys write about some great tobaccos and I'm like a kid in a candy store. My wife's gonna hide the Visa card. Are there some great online places that have a good selection or does a brother have to have 99 accounts with different folks to find what he wants?

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I have done alot of business with smokingpipes.com. great selection of tobaccos and if they are out of something you can get a notice when its available. Awesome job with the pipe section with pics of the actual pipes. If you have any questions staff is very kind and knowledgeable and will get you answers, extra pics, sugestions whatever you need. Only ding i would give them is free shipping is @ $100 some sites are only $75 for free shipping not a huge deal.

Reactions: Dallas Wynn

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
While there are a number of great online pipe tobacco retailers, I’m a huge fan of supporting ones that are also mainly B&M tobacconists:
Uhles
L.J. Peretti
Milan Tobacconists
Boswell’s
Wilke
Straus Tobacco
...to name a few

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I'd say it all depends on what you're looking for. When it comes to big box online retailers, smokingpipes and tobaccopipes are my tops. I've found that B&M retailers that have an online presence usually have more of the stuff I'm looking for (SG and G&H stuff mainly) - places like Boswell's, Mars, Storyteller's Pipe, Country Squire. Most of those have some great blends of their own as well, which is a bonus.

Oct 7, 2016
While there are a number of great online pipe tobacco retailers, I’m a huge fan of supporting ones that are also mainly B&M tobacconists:
Uhles
L.J. Peretti
Milan Tobacconists
Boswell’s
Wilke
Straus Tobacco
...to name a few
Add CupoJoes (B&M is called Queensbury Cigar), the Briary, Watch City, and Iwan Ries. Under present conditions, they could really use your support. Ernie at Watch City has openly said the internet is keeping them afloat. I just made an order with them that cost me almost 10% more than it would have at SP, felt it was worth it.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
You guys write about some great tobaccos and I'm like a kid in a candy store. My wife's gonna hide the Visa card. Are there some great online places that have a good selection or does a brother have to have 99 accounts with different folks to find what he wants?
99 accounts are required. nana

Often times it's more about who has something in stock rather than price or if they carry it at all.

I have an extensive list of sites I peruse but more for artisan and estate pipes rather than for tobacco and number are not in the US.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I placed my first order from pipes&cigars. Items said in stock but when i received invoice it stated they none of it in stock. So avoid them. I’ve canceled my order and am waiting on my refund.

I placed another from smoking pipes and i received my tobacco quickly.

Today, i placed an order from tobacco pipes. While some prices were more expensive, they had a couple items in stock that smoking pipes didn’t. Hopefully i will receive it just as fast as the other!

Reactions: litup and Casual

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I placed my first order from pipes&cigars. Items said in stock but when i received invoice it stated they none of it in stock. So avoid them. I’ve canceled my order and am waiting on my refund.

I placed another from smoking pipes and i received my tobacco quickly.

Today, i placed an order from tobacco pipes. While some prices were more expensive, they had a couple items in stock that smoking pipes didn’t. Hopefully i will receive it just as fast as the other!
DistortedUnlawfulAsianpiedstarling-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: radrick96

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Add CupoJoes (B&M is called Queensbury Cigar), the Briary, Watch City, and Iwan Ries. Under present conditions, they could really use your support. Ernie at Watch City has openly said the internet is keeping them afloat. I just made an order with them that cost me almost 10% more than it would have at SP, felt it was worth it.
I will also put in a good word for Watch City. Their prices are competitive and they typically have some stuff it stock that a larger place like Smokingpipes.com does not due to their larger following. Watch City also has their own blend that are quite good and highly respected. There was an issue with one of the Samuel Gawith tins that I had ordered (see the Samuel Gawith Sam's Flake - Hairs In The Tobacco? thread for details) and Ernie sent a replacement in no time.

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
while I have read some of the horror stories re: pipes and cigars, personally, my many many orders with them have been perfect. Russ has many great house blends and the prices/selection for what I buy has been spot on.
Same goes for 4 Noggins. They have some nice house blends as well, and my experience has been excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.