PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I think most of the codger blends smell pretty dang good burning, except Borkum Riff. They are all like partial aromatics. Can't go wrong with them,
Embers insists that Granger is an aromatic so I’ll toss it into the ring.

Solely because it’s such a clean scent and afterward dissipates quickly and easily.

The wife may never like any of your choices, but she’d be more accepting if the room didn't smell like rancid, stale weed.

Most of that horrible stench is the result of the non tobacco additives, found in most aro…..

2022 ?☝️

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Embers insists that Granger is an aromatic so I’ll toss it into the ring.

Solely because it’s so clean and afterward dissipates quickly and easily.

The wife may never like any of your choices, but she’d be more accepting if the room didn't smell like rancid, stale weed.

Most of that horrible stench is the result of the non tobacco additives, found in most aro…..

2022 ?☝️
Yep, my family thinks aromatics smell like shit after the smoke has settled.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Best smelling tobacco? That would be entirely determined by how and when you want to smell it... before or during the smoke?

If beforehand, Straight Perique! If you can get it, it's even better smelling in the barrel. The tobacco fields of North Carolina are heavinly...

Seriously though, Peterson Connissuer's Choice & Sutliff Vanilla Custard both have pleasant aroma's.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My wife doesn't like the smell of pipe tobacco I smoke English/Balkan/Oriental blends. Once in a while when it rains or snows I want to smoke on the porch what tobacco smells good to non-tobacco people? I don't care about the taste in smoking I will smoke it in my old cob.
best bet is to ask her but I swear that Kramers Blend for Cary Grant was perfectly designed for this specific situation. English but with a fragrance that seems made to get the woman in your life begging you to smoke your pipe inside. Seriously I bet that would be as close to perfect for this situation. She'll probably love the smell as it's one of those blends that gets lots of compliments on the smell. Yet it's an english blend and gives the same type of pleasure as more traditional English blends (not same quantity but....). Oh and you can order an ounce of it meaning you'll get to regret not just buying it by the pound. It's one of my top favorite blends. It's a blend you can mine for nuance and notes or plug in and forget while you mow the lawn or act in a classic movie.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've had some good response to Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic, burley based with Virginia as a condiment and flavored with three liqueurs, and I find it quite palatable when I don't have bystanders.

Reactions: Reggie

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
People seemed to react positively to:

1q
Kramer's Cary Grant
St Bruno

St Bruno surprised me. I love it, but the bag note is fairly pungent. I was smoking it at a wedding and complete strangers were coming up to me and telling me how good it smelled.

PoplarWight

Might Stick Around
Feb 13, 2022
Trapped in the root ball, Alabama
Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic and Country Squire's Figgy Pudding (seasonal) usually get a thumbs up from the wife if I'm in an aromatic mood, but she also prefers the smell of most of my English blends to EGR's pipe blend, so ymmv.

Strandsbeachlocal

Might Stick Around
Nov 23, 2021
Washington,USA
Blue note by Dan Tabak had a good smell, but I can’t speak for how it lingers in a room. And I don’t think that flavor will sit well with a lot of smokers regardless. Cosmic’s idea is deceptive and genius, so naturally you should go with that.