PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anenglishman

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Hello from England - your President is doing a great job over here right now, and believes that the Queen symbolizes 'the best of England'.
Good to know from fellow pipe smokers what you believe represents 'the best of England'
Best wishes
An Englishman

davebell30

Lurker
Apr 23, 2011
Welcome to the forum and as an aside, because of my Irish heritage, it was grand to see that not only your Queen but our President both saw fit to visit and pay their respects to the "ole sod" of Ireland

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the PipesMagazine.com forums!

You can keep the queen, and Obama too for that matter; just keep making those great blends and pipes! :clap:

anenglishman

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Thanks for a warm welcome to your forum!
We rely on you guys to keep our pipe tobacco supplies flowing, and our pipe makers in business. Many thanks from England for that!
I see that Dunhill is ever popular - and out of my price bracket because they are :cry:
Sam Gawith is an institution - hoping to get up there later in the year, to do some photographs.
I'm with Papipeguy on the ale and MGs!
Which personalities do you see as reflecting Best of England?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Upshall

Ashton (Bill Taylor and Jim Craig eras)

Ferndown

Millville
All are equal to or better than the average Dunhill.
Not sure if Larryson counts as "English" but my Larryson billiard is one of my favorite pipes right now.
Invicta and Blakemar are both excellent and inexpensive pipes.

anenglishman

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Some fine choices there gentlemen.
I can see that I'll have to smarten up my sartorial act if I'm to keep up with some of my fellow forum members (thanks for your welcome Tommy!).
Paul Hubart of Larryson is living, and making pipes in England, in a very wonderful part of the country too. I don't have one of his pipes but I do have, and greatly enjoy a morta billiard by Chris Aswith who learnt pipemaking with Paul.
I always feel it a pity that Churchill didn't smoke a pipe. What do you suppose he'd have smoked?

anenglishman

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Meant to say ...
Paul Hubartt Larrysson is living, and making pipes in England, in a very wonderful part of the country too, I think that qualifies him.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
"I always feel it a pity that Churchill didn't smoke a pipe. What do you suppose he'd have smoked?"
Well,....you can bet your sweet life it wouldn't have been a Peterson!

anenglishman

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Just had a wander in the garden after dinner, a bowl of tobacco, and a pint of Old Speckled Hen.
Warm breeze, blue sky darkening to dusk, blackbird song echoing in the trees, honeysuckle and foxglove in bloom, and the cathedral bell sounding nine.
England, and life doesn't get much better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.