PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Hmmmm,...I'll trade you. :)
Tornado Watch here, sirens going off, important papers in a satchel. Got the shelter ready 'cause the relatives are on the way over.
Oklahoma, and life doesn't get much more exciting than that! :mrgreen:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
John Cleese in Fawlty Towers and a bunch more of your classic comedies.

The Beatles 1963-1967

Ricky Gervais

Eddy Izzard

Jools Holland

Mystery Theater

Eastenders

The British people. All very very kind to me on my visits there.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
Welcome friend. I lived over there (in the London area for 4 years and a bout a year on the Isle of Wight) I really loved it. A bit too expensive though!! My "Best" would be your pubs, and the social interaction therein, and your lovely countryside. I have been lucky with travel because of the nature of my work, and few spots on this planet rival your manicured countryside in terms of pure beauty. Cheers and enjoy it here on the site.

anenglishman

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Good to know that Eddie Izzard is strengthening the special relationship - a very funny man, and hats off to anyone who can run 43 marathons in 51 days!
@Stacen - thanks to our great, and undervalued farmers for keeping England green and pleasant.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Oh, and "Top Gear"! Head, shoulders, and torso above our weak American version.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
One day I would love to visit as our family originated here:

Upper Slaughter - The village of Upper Slaughter in the Gloucestershire Cotswolds is one mile away from Lower Slaughter and resides on a gentle grassy slope above the stream that connects the two villages.

May 10, 2011
You have a Regal first mother in the Queen, I would be proud of her if I were from Great Britain. We are stuck with a one term wonder I hope and pray. I prefer Irish Pipes over even a Dunhill, but everyone has there own favorite choices. LDJ :puffpipe:

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
The best of England was a woman I used to know. She had the most wonderful personality, incredible voice and brilliant sense of humor. All women should have an English accent.
English pipes are the best. Dunhill, Ashton, Upshall, Ferndown and Northern Briars are all great.
The TV show Coupling was great and Love Actually is my favorite all time movie.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
The BEST of England?

Well, Triumph has to be one of them. My dad had a Bonneville chopper in the seventies. I remember being 3 or 4 with my Captain America helmet on, riding in front of him sitting on the gas tank. Some of the best memories.
Music..Where do you start? Robert Plant, Queen, Billy Idol, Tears For Fears, The Cult, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden...A very long list.
The chicks with their accents. Man, what a turn on.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Being an Englishman myself i would have to say Dunhill pipes, Aston Martin cars, Triumph Motorcycles and The Beatles. List goes on and on but each country has a rich heritage and something to offer the world, just wish i could visit them all :)

anenglishman

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Just back from a business trip to Nottingham - in the English midlands (visited Gauntleys and picked up an oz. of their house blend - summer pudding - I think they called it)
Lovely people - Glynn is a 28 year old advocate of the pipe (he wasn't in but his colleagues were great). He writes about tobacco here http://glynnquelch.co.uk/
Anyway, here's Nottingham's vote for the Best of England
tea and biscuits

reeves and mortimer

yorkshire puddings

kings road

the 'beeb' (BBC)

kate bush

glastonbury

carnaby street

vivienne westwood

the rolling stones

the beatles

patience (!)

queuing (!!)

blackadder

libertys

london

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
"List goes on and on but each country has a rich heritage and something to offer the world, just wish i could visit them all."
England has always felt each country has had something to offer.

That's why she laid claim to dang near each and every one of them at one time or another. :rofl:

anenglishman

Lurker
May 23, 2011
@Tommy glad to see you're posting tonight - we've been following the weather reports for Oklahoman, Kansas, and Arkansas

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Well thank you very much!

It's all good here at my house, we were lucky, closest one passed by about 4 miles away. I just lost some tree limbs.
Well, they're not "lost", they're actually in the driveway. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.