PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
The Country Squire has a few English Aromatic blends advertised on their website...Northwest Trek, Hunting Creek and P.S. Blend. These are blends that I have not tried, maybe someone who has can comment on them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
cosmic, I ain't no arbitrator of pipe nomenclature, so I take your point. I call Lakeland flavored blends aromatics, not English. Otherwise, we wade into perpetual confusion, though human language verges on that anyway. Because a blend is blended in England by an English company doesn't make it a generic English blend, to me. I think this distinction is more faithful to the way "English" is used to designate a genre of pipe tobacco. People don't much like language rules; I don't. But if you don't have some kind of understanding, pretty soon there's no shared ground. Va/Per is English is burley, then who knows?

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
It's been said before but needs to be said a few more times:

Black Frigate
Black Frigate
Black Frigate

I am going to a bar called Richards in Chicago after this, it is an old school Italian place (possibly mob owned) that still allows smoking inside. I will most definitely be smoking a few bowls of Black Frigate with a few glasses of scotch. It's become a Friday ritual that I cannot recommend enough.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I liked Sutliff Aromatic English a lot at first but I got bored with it pretty quickly. I like Count Pulaski and Revelation Match a lot better for American English/Aro/Crossovers. For authentic English Aromatics, my favorite these days is Esoterica And So To Bed and I'm excited to try some St. Ives in the same category. Another good and underrated blend is Voodoo Queen from Sutliff. It has a little lat and perique and broken flakes with a light fruity coco mocha topping.

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
The genre called English pipe tobacco got its name when UK regulated against adding flavorings to tobaccos, hence it means tobacco with no flavorings.
I had no idea about this. It's quite disturbing considering the present anti-tobacco climate here in the USA.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Most of the world actually. The W.H.O. is wanting tobacco use abolished by 2030
Those are the real culprits. The governments just follow suit. The US is actually the most tobacco-friendly country to my knowledge, a lot of which I assume has to do with the fact that the US never signed the WHO's Framework Convention on Tobacco Control.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.