PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
I’m smoking a Fuente 858 maduro (cameroon wrapper) and as always it is a great smoke. Medium body, smooth plenty of flavor, perfect construction and burn, time after time. And for me a perfect size. For me, this is the perfect every day smoke, particularly at under 5 dollars a stick. Also comes in a sungrown. I dont buy boxes too often but this one is definitely box worthy.

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
I usually only have the time or energy to smoke one or maybe two cigars a week, but if I had to choose an “everyday” cigar I’d probably go with a Brick House Classic robusto. Good smoke, good construction, good price, an unpretentious cigar. That’s the cigar I most often reach for when I can’t decide what I feel like smoking.

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
The only cigar I smoke everyday or almost is Partagus Shorts. 35 min smoke.Everything else I have to be in the mood for, or have the time, special occasions. Want a somewhat inexpensive great every day cigar. Try them. buy a few boxes. I load up when on sale .I honestly never met any who didn’t like them. They have a big following. That says a lot. They are the Hershey Kisses of cigars for a reason get a taste you want more.

Last edited:

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
Oliva Serie V Maduros. They could easily replace my pipe tobacco cellar.
No not even close. Keep your wonderful cellar. Those are Mediocrity at their best. Cigar rating are well.............you decide. Lots of marketing painting a absolutely wonderful experience, followed by a rating that’s makes you believe wow I got to try these. And as you are smoking this pile of sh...t you say everyone important is Writing how great this is, all the forums are repeating what they read. and you unconditionally believe it. The truly really good cigars out there, don’t get the hype and the fact is they don’t need too. My 2 cents..

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul lec

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
It depends on many factors, what makes an everyday smoke. Generally spoken, I like the smaller Partagas vitolas. Shorts, Petit Coronas, Habaneros, Aristocrats... Another great lower priced Cuban is the Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs.

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
Mille Fleurs That’s the only one I have tried yet. I know they are cheaper than shorts. Are those Machine made.? ... Aristocrats are really good . Bolivar pC are fabulous. Not a R&J fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul lec

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
The only cigar I smoke everyday or almost is Partagus Shorts. 35 min smoke.Everything else I have to be in the mood for, or have the time, special occasions. Want a somewhat inexpensive great every day cigar. Try them. buy a few boxes. I load up when on sale .I honestly never met any who didn’t like them. They have a big following. That says a lot. They are the Hershey Kisses of cigars for a reason get a taste you want more.
THIS. I'd add boxes of the other Minutos (Ramon Allones Small Club Corona, San Cristobal el Principes, Bolivar CJ) and Perlas (Monte no 5) for variety. Before I dove into pipes, my everydays were the Marevas - Monte no 4, Rafael Gonzalez PC, PLPC, Upmann PC, Sancho Panza Non Plus. Before they were discontinued, I was smoking about a cigar per day and 3 Upmann PC per week. Probably the silliest Habanos discontinuation of the past 10 years.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Oliva V (and Oliva in general) is not a cigar/maker I'd consider to be a hype/marketing creation, personally. Hell, they've released like 2 new cigars in the past decade, which is kind of charming compared to some companies that do a ton of new and/or limited releases each year. I do prefer the original Habano-seed wrapper to the maduros on the Vs, though, and that's generally my preference across most cigars that have "natural" and maduro options.

Variety is too important to me to truly have a daily cigar. If I was forced to smoke one cigar every day, Illusione Fume D'Amor (CG size), Fuente Rosado Sungrown (44, 52 and even 54 would all be fine), Por Larranaga Montecarlos and Padron Londres would all be in the running. All good, somewhat affordable and not the kind of cigars that will fry the palate and make it hard to enjoy subsequent cigars. If price was less of a concern, the Trinidad Reyes might be an option, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.