Not open for further replies.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Castello Sea Rock Briar KK 32
lw5yGkX.jpg

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
s of now ,It seems to me I haven't had any considerable success in getting estates at affordable prices so far,nontheless what I mostly buy is those refurbished ones,and often from reputable sellers or pipe collectors, and as a rule, those folks know the value of their pipes and their job, if I have time and nerves for searching over the Ebay ,then the result might have been different but so far all was kinda pricey, not complaining though, I like the quality/price ratio on these estates and most of all how enjoyable smoking experience the grand majority of these older pipes are providing, regardless if their finish is a bit faded over the years,,

Reactions: jpmcwjr

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Recent "Best Find" a Sixten Ivarsson designed Stanwell Reg. No. Royal Bark 806. It only took six years to find a nice example of the shape 06! Love these old Stanwells, nice open draw, excellent smokers, and wonderful briar - this one tips the scales at 28 grams.

:)

Last edited:

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Nothing fancy here, but I'll post my favorite estate pipe: a Mountbatten bent billiard. My understanding is that Mountbattens are Charatan apprentice pipes. I have this one, plus a small straight apple. I really like them both, though this one smokes like a dream and is my favorite pipe for latakia blends. Lat blends just seem to really sing in this pipe. I'm smoking some GLP Quiet Nights with it right now puf

Last edited:
I will know later this week or early next week! There are two candidates both in the mail currently. Or they will be causes of disappointment. Fingers crossed

First candidate is a Patent Era Sasieni 8 Dot - I paid a fortune for it. Currently with USPS

Second candidate is a pipe that came free with a pack of vintage pipe cleaners. I bought it on a whim as the photographs were very bad, but the stem had a white dot. The shipping was more than the price of the vintage pipe cleaners. Also with USPS

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I mentioned the Winslow & Hilson Unicorn before, but to add a close third it'd have to be the Bearluck I got from Doug V. (A Comoys second that I'd never even heard of before; Doug himself said it was only the second one he'd ever seen.) A great smoker, even greater price, & definitely a fabulous find.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
A year or two ago, my wife called me about some pipes she found at an estate sale. I quickly went over to the sale and purchased a Marshall Fields pipe. It is rusticated billiard, probably made by Savinelli. If you doubt a pipe from Marshall Fields, when I showed it to Craig Cobine, he said that he worked in the pipe department of Marshall Fields in his college days.

Big John Shea

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2019
This Savinelli Alligator is my favorite estate find thus far. That may change soon though... Have my eye on a couple of pipes right now. ?

Attachments

• DE298061-8120-4760-B226-A3CE0F41DE5B.jpeg
    DE298061-8120-4760-B226-A3CE0F41DE5B.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.