PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Had to postpone a day - not fearing the reaper and enjoying the Cult right now! It’s been a couple of weeks since I tried the Wilke, but I compare it favorably to the Wilke as in I like them both and very smooth, get the cherry kind of like cherry cream soda but the tobacco as well. I’m pulling more Virginia out of this, but that could be recency bias and the fact I’ve had more Virginia lately and maybe recognize it.

Now I know there are two I like I can check the cherry box and won’t need to experiment with any other cherry. These will do nicely!

Reactions: John Brandt

YellowIronPiper87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2019
Central Illinois
I really enjoy Boswells Cherry Smash. Bear Blend is another from Boswells but it is cherry with a little caramel flavoring as well (my absolute favorite aromatic).

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I probably have 25+ Cherry blends. I don’t really hate any of them. I think Cult BRM is overrated but, good. My favorite, by a large margin, is GH Top Black Cherry. GH Cherry Cream Flake would possibly rival this choice but, it has, sadly, been discontinued.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Funny thing, as we speak, I'm smoking Blood Red Moon in my red stained Ferrari pipe from Italy. I don't often smoke cherry blends, but once in a while I like to, and BRM is a rather nice cherry blend. I like GH Top Black Cherry too, but tonight the Ferrari wanted the Bloody Moon. The pipe smokes rather fast most of the time, but tonight I convinced it that it was a Fiat 500 so it slowed down a bit. ?
Photo on 5-9-22 at 9.31 PM.jpeg

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
My absolute favorite cherry blend was Cherry Cavendish by Carole Burns, the proprietor of Pipeworks & Wilke. Ms. Burns got out of the tobacco blending business in 2017, but still sells pipes and accessories on her Website (Pipeworks Pipe Shop; Briar pipes & Estate pipes. - http://vtpipes.com/). John Brandt purchased the recipes, and now sells this and other Wilke blends at (Home | wilkepipetobacco - https://www.wilkepipetobacco.com/}, but I have yet to try any of his blendings of Ms. Burns' recipes.

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
Cult Blood Red Moon is the finest cherry blend made in this planet, better than mothers milk.
Absolutely!!! Never had a bad thing to say and never got tongue bite. Once the bar is that high it’s makes it easy to stop looking elsewhere.

Buzz Saw

Might Stick Around
May 20, 2022
Southeast Indiana
Cult Blood Red Moon for me also. That being said I was given a pouch of Borkum Riff Cherrry Cavendish and didn't care for it at all but when mixed with a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh it is pretty good indeed. Good enough I may purchase more in the future and mix up another batch.