PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Barclay - Rex Cherry Cordial.(Barclay - Rex does phone orders)This was not a tongue bite cherry as I remember it.It is the only cherry aromatic that I have smoked That was any good,in my opinion.
Gawith & Hogarth Sweet Cherry Twist. Cherry in the distant background, but there.Not an aromatic.This comes as a rope tobacco, it is tobacco forward interms of flavor.I recommend to cut it up ,and dry for at least an hour.A clay pipe works good for this.I smoked mine in an long stem clay, and a normal briar as well.Drying over night works, also.Happy hunting, Richmond.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Barclay - Rex Cherry Cordial.(Barclay - Rex does phone orders)This was not a tongue bite cherry as I remember it.It is the only cherry aromatic that I have smoked That was any good,in my opinion.
Gawith & Hogarth Sweet Cherry Twist. Cherry in the distant background, but there.Not an aromatic.This comes as a rope tobacco, it is tobacco forward interms of flavor.I recommend to cut it up ,and dry for at least an hour.A clay pipe works good for this.I smoked mine in an long stem clay, and a normal briar as well.Drying over night works, also.Happy hunting, Richmond.

I like the ropes. Are the cherry flavored made from the brown or the black? The description says black cherry, is that the flavor of black cherry or a cherry flavored black rope?

Reactions: BROBS and dcon

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
A link to an out of stock GH blend, and a link to urin
al cakes.. followed by a link to Love Train, I'll hand it to ya, the Ojays have a way of lifting pandemic sprits.
I
I like the ropes. Are the cherry flavored made from the brown or the black? The description says black cherry, is that the flavor of black cherry or a cherry flavored black rope?

Brown rope with black cherry flavoring. If you can call it that. I think they have a black cherry car air freshener hanging up in the room or have a black cherry soda while they make it. I can't taste it in the blend. Some people say they can and either they are filthy, filthy liars or Nigel the GH flavor guy had a hang over on the day they made mine and forgot to spray it.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I

Brown rope with black cherry flavoring. If you can call it that. I think they have a black cherry car air freshener hanging up in the room or have a black cherry soda while they make it. I can't taste it in the blend. Some people say they can and either they are filthy, filthy liars or Nigel the GH flavor guy had a hang over on the day they made mine and forgot to spray it.

Yes, the ones I've had seem to basically be the same flavor. It is a good one though.

Reactions: BROBS

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I probably have about 2 dozen cherry blends. I actually like them all to varying degrees and I still plan on acquiring more. i believe that the absolute best is GH Exclusive Top Black Cherry. GH and SG do a different kind of cherry than most and they are all distinctly good. I even like the more candied cherry flavors like Lane Very Cherry and several of the Sutliff cherries.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I always intended to try a cherry blend, but to this date I have not. In the past I've smoked a few Blackstone cherry cigars, I liked those OK I guess. I've noticed there are some strong opinions about which cherry blends are bad. What are some cherry blends you've tried that you like?

I always intended to try a cherry blend, but to this date I have not. In the past I've smoked a few Blackstone cherry cigars, I liked those OK I guess. I've noticed there are some strong opinions about which cherry blends are bad. What are some cherry blends you've tried that you like?
Blood Red Moon nut here. Avoid Cherry Bomb, at least till dried &/or well aged. Too sour!

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Made of brown tobacco.Can’t really say which type of cherry it tastes like.It is more like a suggestion of cherry in the back of your mind,and not an upfront flavoring.It serves to take the edge off the rope,without destroying the rope flavor.

Last edited:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
@chasingembers I can't help that it's hard for me to believe that any tobacco plant could have produced what that stuff is made from. I bet if you soak it in water it will start to separate the way cardboard will. Either way it's got to be better then smoking that stuff. Then again I loved the way it smelled but the taste was not the same at all.

Reactions: BROBS
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
@chasingembers I can't help that it's hard for me to believe that any tobacco plant could have produced what that stuff is made from. I bet if you soak it in water it will start to separate the way cardboard will. Either way it's got to be better then smoking that stuff. Then again I loved the way it smelled but the taste was not the same at all.

I can tell you this from experience, the pouch never gets empty. No matter how many bowls you smoke..

Status
Not open for further replies.