PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Slidell, LA
I like the Linse pipe lighters. Looks like a Bic but the part where the flame comes out pivots to the side for pipes.

www.linselighters.com

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
This is what I ordered

https://www.amazon.com/Bundle-Original-Clipper-Lighters-Removable/dp/B00JH2I3VK/ref=pd_lpo_468_bs_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=J6PF8Z3Y3A0QN008H1AZ

ttakata73

Lurker
Jan 12, 2017
So the square shaped Honest branded lighter I linked a few posts above has been pretty good for me. It's slimness lets me get the flame into regular sized bowls a little easier and the smooth top allows me to tamp the baccy down nicely. The only drawback is it doesn't seem to hold much butane like my Rollagas does, but for $11 it a small compromise.
Now I realize there is a round version; this one would be even better.

4ebdcb60-2642-46d8-a1be-172c767509a7.jpg

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Jay now I never knew that!!, does it come natural?

I always toss my zippo when it needs a new flint, I also sell the car when it needs gas!
You can't change the flint on other cheap lighters like Bic's, but a clipper lighter you can.

Mar 1, 2014
Actually you can change the flint on a Bic, it's just tricky to reassemble and probably not worth the effort.

If you do have any Bics with leftover fuel (and you're a total pyromaniac), you can use them for fire starters, just crack one open over the fire pit and you'll have a lot of fire very quickly.
Not that I've ever had a flint wear out before the butane is gone. I like to collect Bic flints to use in other lighters.

cersono

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Vallis Lacrimarum
I would recommend with sure the JOBON Piezoelectric Butane Dual Flame Pipe Lighter.
I bought one on eBay for $12 expecting it to be another cheap Chinese throw-away. No way.

After 5 years of heavy use it's still perfectly working and still is in great shape, no problems or repairs.
I think JOBON is the factory in China that also makes lighters for RONSON. Striking similarity in finish and sturdy build between some of their models convinced me in that.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
I was not very impressed with the pipe insert zippos, a cheap bic seems to work better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.