Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jbfrady

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
Down two to the Rue-ga-roo.

@Servant King if it helps, I don't hate VaPers or Va. Quite the contrary, they're most of my favorites. But I'm not one for ribbon cuts. If it ain't a flake, cake, or plug, it ain't tucked in my pipe hole.

Living:
Anomalous - Sutliff - 19
Brown Twist #4 - SG - 21
Dockworker - HU - 11
Rouxgaroux - WCC - 18
1989 - Erik Stokkebye - 15
Full Virginia Flake - SG - 22
Rich Dark Honeydew - GH - 18
Bob's Chocolate Flake - GH - 14
Flake - Peterson (Dunhill) - 9
Dark Bird's Eye - GH - 15

Deceased:

Grape - Captain Black
Match 20 - Sutliff
Hogshead - Seattle Pipe Club
Royal - Captain Black
Royal Yacht - Peterson
Exclusive - C&D
Stratfordshire - C&D
Mixture #79 - Sutliff
Aged Burley Flake - Solani
From Beyond - C&D
Pegasus - C&D
Holly's Non Plus Ultra - Dan
Dorchester - Esoterica
No. 69 - Peter Henrichs
Maple Shadows - Sutliff
American Cut Plug - Watch City
Squadron Leader - SG
Luxury Navy Flake - Peter Stokkebye
Lancer Slices - F&K
Wintertime Flake - SG
Black - Sillem's
Skiff Mixture - SG
Red Virginia - Robert McConnell
Oriental Silk - C&D
Ennerdale - GH
Golden Sliced - Orlik

Nobody died today, but every blend on the living list is in bold, so it was either punched, healed, or both. We've reached the point where there are fewer bandwagons and more scattered brawls. @WerewolfOfLondon and @woodsroad are trying their darndest to keep the Dockworker from falling in, whereas @AcesAndEights and @FLDRD are defiling the purity of Bob's pristine cocoa creation. Battles, it would seem, are a'brewing.

Four score and seven years ago when this game began, I figured it was to happen upon new tobaccos to try, by seeing what the community favored. All these eons later, I see that my initial assumption isn't true. It's about kicking the feet out from under others, taking out their favorite blends, then rubbing their faces in it. Violence, malice, and misery in the face of a gloating victory. In other words, it's the American Dream. Unless Dockworker wins. Then I guess it's... what, the English dream?

Come to think of it, nobody wants that. Maybe we should all just target Dockworker. What could be more American than tanking the English for no good reason?

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
@Servant King if it helps, I don't hate VaPers or Va. Quite the contrary, they're most of my favorites. But I'm not one for ribbon cuts. If it ain't a flake, cake, or plug, it ain't tucked in my pipe hole.
The clarification is appreciated--however, it is of no use in bringing back PSLNF from the same category as Captain Black Grape, and restoring it to its rightful place on the championship throne. Or at least bronze or silver, alongside something that doesn't totally suck sweaty, fermented wildebeest nads.

If this thread doesn't bring me to tears at any point, I will consider my participation a success.