PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottabot

Lurker
May 12, 2010
I prefer the bents myself, 1/2s or fulls.as opposed to the straights. I got enuff trouble lookin' past my shnozz, if you've seen my pic then you already know what I mean.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
It depends on what mood I am in at the time. But for the most part I am preferring straights and anything up to a 1/4 bent these days. I haven't bought a pipe with more than 1/2 bend to it in years.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Yeah I gotta go straight too. Although I don't mind a quarter bent. for me it's the drilling. A full bent often is drilled at 2 angles and leaves a "sump" between the bottom of the mortise and the tenon. I don't like this myself and find thse pipes seem to smoke wet.
But then again maybe it's me that's all wet.
I should point out though that my Stanwell 19 is one of my favorites and it's at least 1/4 bent I suppose.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have 3 straights out of 35 pipes.

Have to go with bent mostly.

Then again.... I like straights too.
So, I have to say pipes are my favorites.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm right at about 50/50 here. I use to only prefer straights when I first started out but the the bents started to call to me. Right now I am still on a bent spree.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
I like both it depends on my mood that day so far my collection is an even mix beteen bent and straight pipes.

alleycat

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
The majority of my small collection is bents (1/4 or 1/2).
I also have one "oddball" in my Savinelli Bing's Favorite, a pipe with a extra long stem but not as long as a churchwarden (total length is about 7"). It has a very slightly bent. It's one of my favorites.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
All bents. Even my Sassieni poker has a slight bend in the stem.

DSCN0464.jpg

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
All bent for me. I just like the look, and to be honest, I have never had a straight pipe. Maybe, I am a little bent.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I tend to lean towards light straight or 1/4 bent pipes myself. Never gotten into huge pipes or bents that much. Can't say that I have ever smoked a full bent. I would like to try one just for shits and giggles, but, as I stated, I prefer straights and 1/4 bents.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
No real preference. I'm about 50-50...although most my bents are 1/8-1/4.
I've been looking for an Oom Paul, but haven't found one I can't live without yet!

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Most of my modest collection are Bents... Having said that, I enjoy my

straights just as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.