PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
There are a lot of Cavendish blends out there and I think Sutliff is in love with the stuff. I suppose it's a potential for a further discussion in a new thread, but I always have thought straight Cavendish was creamy vanilla-ish. Examples such as Lane Limited CAO and Sutliff Black Cavendish are natural vanilla tasting to me. I've read descriptions that are similar on other sites that some other folks agree.. but taste is subjective. Some people think Papaya tastes like pepper or cilantro tastes like soap. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Latakia Dave

Gooseman

Lurker
Jan 20, 2022
TX
Always liked the recreation of Bengal Slices. Nice smooth, creamy English. Ive got a tin of the original but at this point its a re-hydration project. I dont have much hope for it but worth a shot. If nothing else its a cool tin for the collection

Reactions: Simmerdown☕️

Qball89

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
Western Pa
I opened a tin of it for the first time recently. I enjoyed the licorice aroma as well as the taste. I have in in a mason jar for now. I know it’s an English but does anyone have any experience with this after it has a little age on it?

Qball89

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2022
Western Pa
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not wanting the blend to change after it’s aged a little, I was just wanting some feedback on what to expect after it’s been in the cellar for a little time. And thank you condorlover1, that’s exactly the feedback I was looking for.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Back to the tobacco: Good stuff, good stuff. As far as aging goes, I am smoking a five year old tin, and it's just a tad different than fresh.

No vanilla for me, but everyone's taster is different.

Reactions: kcghost and sgh