PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
Kind of like alcohol. We’ve all had a glass of whiskey as a nightcap before bed, but most wouldn’t start the day with it. Bloody Mary or a Mimosa with breakfast can start you off right

Reactions: JOHN72 and Laurent
I follow no rules, I do rest my pipes but, no rules.
I don't think of these as "rules." I just don't enjoy smoking a Virginias as much after smoking a heavy latakia. And, I don't start the morning off with a stronger blend, because I don't want to relax myself into a stupor after just waking up. It's more of just having a common sense approach that works for me.
Sort of like eating dessert before a meal just makes sense. For a kid that doesn't know shit, it's a rule, but for a grown adult, we know that if we eat the dessert first, our nutrition is gone to shit, because we aren't going to be hungry enough to enjoy the steak. And, the result is that we get fat.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I don't think of these as "rules." I just don't enjoy smoking a Virginias as much after smoking a heavy latakia. And, I don't start the morning off with a stronger blend, because I don't want to relax myself into a stupor after just waking up. It's more of just having a common sense approach that works for me.
Sort of like eating dessert before a meal just makes sense. For a kid that doesn't know shit, it's a rule, but for a grown adult, we know that if we eat the dessert first, our nutrition is gone to shit, because we aren't going to be hungry enough to enjoy the steak. And, the result is that we get fat.
I guess I should stop eating dessert before meals?4559557C-7473-4B95-A4DA-4768250533AA.gif

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
The way I understand it, and in my experience, is that nicotine can aid digestion. (Somehow. I have no clue, really. So don’t listen to me.)

All I know is a bowl of Nightcap on an empty stomach can make me feel a little queasy for a few minutes. But after a nice meal, it hits the spot quite nicely.

But maybe I’m just a lightweight.

Reactions: JOHN72 and Laurent
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Kind of like alcohol. We’ve all had a glass of whiskey as a nightcap before bed, but most wouldn’t start the day with it. Bloody Mary or a Mimosa with breakfast can start you off right
You mean most people don't pour scotch on their cornflakes and drink fortified orange juice in the morning? And here I thought it was the breakfast of champions.

Note to self - I am not a breakfast champion.