PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recon Paul

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2020
New Jersey, US
I only smoke in my basement, which actually does have a filtering system in one room. Former owner used the shop for a dark room and had 2 air filters with vents installed. I'm usually not in there when I'm smoking though. Maybe I should keep the door open and run them?

Regardless, no smoking anywhere near the bedroom. She doesn't mind the basement and usually likes the room note. I don't smoke down there much but any lingering smell is usually not inpatient as long as I clean the ash trays. Ash trays stink.

redrooster1977

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2020
I wouldn’t be able to sleep without the aroma of tobacco around me. My pipes are all rinsed with water and have NO smells, and I don’t see any danger in just smelling unburned tobacco.
But, I can’t even imagine not smoking in the house. It fills it with such a homey wonderful aroma, as long as it’s not a nasty latakia or aromatic.

Interesting, that your pipes are "rinsed with water"......... Would you mind sharing your cleaning regiment?

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
My pipes and tobacco are stored in the home office I share with my wife. It is probably about 12 ft. by 12 ft. with a large double workstation. 35 of my pipes are in a rack on my desk. My wife doesn’t mind the pipes or tobacco in the office and she works from home. I don’t smoke in the house but my father-in-law just finished building me a smoke shack for an enclosed place to smoke during unpleasant weather. It has power, window fans and lighting.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My pipes and tobacco are stored in the home office I share with my wife. It is probably about 12 ft. by 12 ft. with a large double workstation. 35 of my pipes are in a rack on my desk. My wife doesn’t mind the pipes or tobacco in the office and she works from home. I don’t smoke in the house but my father-in-law just finished building me a smoke shack for an enclosed place to smoke during unpleasant weather. It has power, window fans and lighting.
my girlfriend loves the way my pipes smell. She'll often comment on it and encourage me to store them in the living room.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
What's the take on storing daily tobacco rotation(tins jars bags) and recently smoked pipes in one's bedroom? Anyone have wives that have a problem with this? I have been doing it for years but now thinking about it was considering moving all of it to the basement or garage. I realize that you do heavy breathing at night and a 'clean' environment is probably beneficial for health? I know firsthand that smokey hotel rooms and corridors back in the 20th century were disgusting.
My wife is amazing. I’ve basically turned our bedroom into a display, cellar and tool storage for carving and refurbishing. She’s happy it makes me happy. Yesterday she rented a truck herself to help pick up a cabinet for me. So its a cellar with a bed now. :)

• Wow
Reactions: Sloopjohnbee